Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By GUS
Heads up....

New product (link) as I have not got this item...
Seems to address any cumbersome issues of previous dremels & it has foot control!

Dremel Fortiflex

PROHIBITIVELY PRICED IN THE UK!!
By koniji
I was wondering how a foot control works. A video shows how (at 43 seconds).
But it is in Germany... :?

Dremel Fortiflex Workshop
By GUS
koniji wrote:I was wondering how a foot control works. A video shows how (at 43 seconds).

have you tried using a google auto translate setting as you are browsing? ..after a few seconds the script was all english, (incidentally its a footpedal like on a sewing machine)
By CombichristGirl
i have a similar product cept no foot pedal turns on like regular. I found personally even though handling weight wise is very nice for me it more so got in the way or even limited me in ways. if u can figure out a nice way to use it , it would be great :!: :)
By koniji
GUS wrote:
koniji wrote:I was wondering how a foot control works. A video shows how (at 43 seconds).

have you tried using a google auto translate setting as you are browsing? ..after a few seconds the script was all english, (incidentally its a footpedal like on a sewing machine)
I did. But it is good to have it confirmed before any purchase.
Anyway, I found a highly positive review of Dremel Fortiflex on Amazon.

User's review of Dremel Fortiflex

So I think I will get myself one.
By GUS
Thanks for posting Koniji.
Please let us know you you get on with it within your applied use, we go alot further than pumpkins here (being the main draw) ..so any advance knowledge of kit from users is a good for all on the forum & further afield.
By matspud
Looks like I will have to go and find out how prohibitive the price is... :?
By GUS
Have you thought of putting on your business voice & getting the trade prices for dremel, "a few at cost samples" ??
By matspud
I can see this would be a valuable tool for gene discovery in Barley. I think I might get one through the ordering system at work :D :D :D
By GUS
let's just remind the 95% of folk considering using a dremel in a US voltage area that this is a cheap add on for them
(jealous we don't have this in the uk)

http://www.amazon.com/MOTO-TOOL-PEDAL-p ... B000P4E412

There are mods out there that involve a 90 watt resistor for a 135 watt machine ,(Ie don't run it hard or full to keep the resistor working) but the above purchase on amazon.com is reasonably priced alternative to those not wanting to thrash out for a full blown fortiflex.

..so probably simpler to buy the above item & see how it works for you.