Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
Fairly new from Howler, and new to my shop this year, this is the "Howler Super Strobing Pumpkin Light"

A bit smaller than the Howler lights you may be used it, but still mighty effective. Due to the smaller size, it lacks the feature of an AC adapter port. No matter to me personally, I use the battery method, and it takes 3 AAA size, same as the other lights.

Also, rather than a small button on the side, you press the top to make it pop. It's a very logical way to turn it on, just reach down inside your pumpkin and press down to activate or deactivate.

It has 3 super bright white LEDs and they are indeed quite bright. They say it has a "super fast" strobe, and I would agree with that. But the strobe effect is slightly erratic in the way it flickers, which I rather like. It's like your pumpkin has a bolt of lightning bouncing around within.

If you want a soothing candle flicker, we have a light for that. If you want a specific color (or whole rainbow), we have a light for that. But if you want something a little more extreme and scary, this strober is pretty eye catching.

Since a video is worth a million words, I just put together a quick clip of this light in action. Check it out here:

Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
Nice video.They look fab. Can't wait for mine to arrive so I can have a play.
By GUS
Wow! ..I'm chuffed this has the potential to outshine all of my strobelights from last year!
I love the random aspect which does create for a nice display cycle, thanks for putting me out of my misery by posting the youtube vid Ryan!

...Oooh enough excitement for one day!
By S.A.M
Fantastic video Ryan, are you going to link to it form the item page in the shop?
I'm glad I put a couple of those in my order :D :D But do you think our pumpkin display will now need to carry an epilepsy warning? :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, I just might link to that on the product page. Always helps to see an item in action. I thought about the epilepsy thing also. At one point in the video I pointed the light directly at the camera, but I edited that part out because that even gave me seizures. :P
By GUS
..would zombies possibly suffer from epileptic seizures?? ..just a thought. :idea:
If you run over to the Zombie Pumpkin Facebook page, there is a great new video showing off the new Super Strobing Pumpkin Light in action. I think a lot of you who were on the fence about trying this product will really like what they see.
By Raven
It's a great video. I really like seeing how they look, makes me want one or two...or three...
By S.A.M
My order arrived today (thanks Ryan) and now that I've got my hands on these lights I can say, bloody hell they are bright :lol: Seriously you could use one of these to disorientate any troublesome ghouls on Halloween, super bright strobe light in your face :lol: j/k

I do like the compact design and the new on/off switch is great, it makes me wish the rainbow and candle flicker lights were of the same design.
Tkaraoke wrote:If you run over to the Zombie Pumpkin Facebook page, there is a great new video showing off the new Super Strobing Pumpkin Light in action.
Thanks for pointing that out, Tkaraoke. I moved your post over to this thread, hope you don't mind, since I posted the link here (and Twitter) yesterday, before sprinkling it over to Facebook the next day. It's cool to see that through the various channels of communication, everyone will get the updates one way or another.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
S.A.M wrote:I do like the compact design and the new on/off switch is great, it makes me wish the rainbow and candle flicker lights were of the same design.
Oh, it's worth pointing out that the compact design and top on/off switch is the direction all the Howler lights are taking (rainbow and candle included). However, I'm still stocking the "old" style for the other lights this season, for a couple reasons.

The smaller Howler lights lack the AC adapter (do many of you use that?) But most significantly, the new smaller rainbow lights have fewer features... namely, they only have one setting - it cycles through all colors. I know many people (myself included) appreciate the versatility of being able to hold steady on a specific color, like green for Frankenstein.

I know Howler Brands wants to aim for the best of both worlds, with products that are affordable, but at the same time, rich with features. So we'll have to see what they come up with next season.
By SaneInsideInsanity
:O I want to give zombies seizures :D this could be fun....