Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By Raven
SaneInsideInsanity wrote::O I want to give zombies seizures :D this could be fun....
It would be a little fun to see all the kiddies dropping on the doorstep when they come trick-or-treating..... :twisted:
By SaneInsideInsanity
insert sinister laugh
By matspud
zombiepumpkins wrote: However, I'm still stocking the "old" style for the other lights this season, for a couple reasons.

The smaller Howler lights lack the AC adapter (do many of you use that?) But most significantly, the new smaller rainbow lights have fewer features... namely, they only have one setting - it cycles through all colors. I know many people (myself included) appreciate the versatility of being able to hold steady on a specific color, like green for Frankenstein.
Don't mind about the ac and smaller design but definitely DON'T LIKE the idea of constant color cycling. I rarely use that as I prefer the choice of single colour option. Might have to order a few more "old style" rainbow ones.
By nosferatu
I agree Matspud. I only ever use the rainbow lights on one colour. A chameleon Dath Maul is not a good effect. A constant red one is glorious perfection. And a blue Frankenstein brings the wrong kind of shivers to my spine
By matspud
I don't use the blue that often as it doesn't appear as striking as the red or green but I did do a blue Stitch that looked great ( well I thougth so :D )
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Glad to hear you are in agreement matspud and nosferatu, on the lack of color modes being a negative. As I've implied, I really like the new smaller design with the top switch. But when I found out you couldn't hold steady on one color, that was sort of a deal breaker for me.

The stock I have in the larger rainbow lights may be the last I can get my hands on. So we'll have to see what Howler has in store next year. I've been told that they would like to add the 9 color modes back to the rainbow light, so let's hope that becomes a reality.
By GUS
...NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Howler becoming Amscan???????? ...are they dense?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The choice to remove features was the decision of someone who no longer works there. I have faith Howler will aim for improved products as time goes on.
By GUS
(breathes deeply) ..Ryan you scared me! ..the Amscan route would be like leaving me to babysit kids! ..insanity!
the multi-modal colour change / hold makes it SO versatile.
(I mean it with regards to being momentarily scared, that was like having someone cut my toe-nails, adrenaline coursing through my body)

:x Don't ever cut my toe-nails :x
Grrr
By nosferatu
Howler may have been forced into cutting costs. Like the others it is made in China but is far less robust. The plastic is thinner etc and it doesn't feel as good quality a product as the artificial candle or rainbow lights. Obviously all down to cost which probably explains the lack of an AC adapter socket.

Having said all of that, the effect is great and as it will only be used a few days a year, I'm sure they will last for many years to come. They are cheaply priced and the smaller size will make getting them into pumpkins an awful lot easier, so I give them a big thumbs up. I've bought three and will be needing more
By nosferatu
Have just tested the strobe lights using 3 Nosferatu luminaires.

They are immense. If you think the effect from one is good, try it with a couple more. I plan on buying a few more, they will certainly get noticed and make a dramatic contrast against the others.
By nosferatu
The strobe lights worked very well, particularly with the Nosferatu pumpkin as it created a more distinctive feel. However, when I bought the pumpkins indoors, it gave me a headache after about 25 minutes.

Definitely a success but for future products I would like the effect to be a bit more random.
By Ajax
Next year.
By GUS
Just like to mention that my rechargeables, (7dayshop.com) have been going solid in my howler light for 4 days & nights...even now theres still a peek of light in them when I went out to change them..
My white kin was still glowing red after 3 days & nights (hanging from a tree, no respite)
By pagemaster1993
Ryan I sent you a message I little while back asking about ordering some of these lights, and you never replied. I used the contact on the site.