Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Those are the exact tools I used on my Fun-kin. They're a bit better than the normal Pumpkin Masters tools because they have more of a point on the end, for stabbing into the hard foam surface. They have more teeth on the blade, for smoother cutting. And supposedly they're a little stronger.

All in all, they're not THAT different from the normal Pumpkin Masters saws. But I'd still recommend picking up a set, just to add more options to your tool kit. They're better for detail work than standard PM saws because of the pointed end and sharper teeth.
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used them last year on some Michael's foam pumpkins. They work pretty good, and they have sharper teeth, but it is slower going cutting through the foam than pumpkin. As Ryan said they would also work well for intricate details on real pumpkins. I did see at Hobby Lobby that Pumpkin Masters has a kit with two foam carviing saws, four patterns, and a poker with a steel point.
By Tkaraoke
I have that set which also includes a battery powered light as well.

I've used this kit to carve the two Funkins I've done so far and they are great!

However, I'm always on the lookout for something better. I found a saw blade that goes into the end of an X-ato knife-like base that looks like it would be perfect for cutting fake or real pumpkins. I haven't given it a try yet.