Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By GUS
Thats my point well made Hottie, As i recall it even came in late to the shop last year, & as it has become so poular seem to remember it being a close run thing!
By wookie66
Is there a limit on how many we can buy, i would feel bad if i ordered a bunch and then someone missed out on getting some.
By GUS
I have found that saral paper is gaining ground over here, but is still very much in it's infancy in terms of being a known product / brand.

Today i've seen some half price!! :o ..at £9.00 wait wait! ..delivery UK (Standard): £5.95
:?

Glad I bought 2 rolls from the shocking shop last time round!

None on Amazon uk.

Ebay UK buy it now £15.20, + £2.99 p+p

Cotton patch £8.95 + £1.95 p+p

http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/Saral.html
By GUS
Sadly, I'm of the Boy scout preparation rather than exasperation...
(though there'll be a few exasperated at Ryan this year) :lol:
By nosferatu
Well found GUS.

Having used Saral for the past couple of years, there is no way I could even contemplate carving with out it. The only problem I had with it last year was that the blue on orange made my eyes feel strange when carving.
By monstermash
You know, I still haven't used Saral paper. I used this ancient Carbon Filter paper that my dad had for at least 15 years. Its black and when you've used it the outline on the kin is pretty faint but I just go over it with a pen. I'm such a tight a**e!!!!!
By SuperSonic
I'm pretty stuck right now.

I need 2 more rolls of transfer paper, but don't want to depend on the Saral Company to ship it to me in 4-6 weeks. Does anyone know an easy way to get it in Canada?
By GUS
internet search and a prayer, look for quilting & craft shops...
good luck, looks like you are in the $hi-ite militia too, ..no longer the one stop shocking shop, pre season pumpkin planning required...
By matspud
I am going to try the sticker paper method this year. I usually glue and used saral last year both have worked fine for me. Anything is better than the old "poking" method :D
By vibhandaka
mat, i've used sticker paper for the past 2 years and it works great. the only downfall is sometimes the sticky residue can be hard to wash off the pumpking. I am trying the saral transfer paper for the first time this year. :)
By Batgirl
I'm super late to this party, but I'm attempting my first Saral transfer carve this evening. I'm hoping it's as great as everyone makes it out to be!
By SuperSonic
I got two rolls of Saral Paper that came not too long ago!! A few weeks ago I placed an order off of eBay, which took almost a month to deliver, but I still got it. :)
By vibhandaka
I did my first carve with transfer paper tonight. I'm still not sure if I prefer it over sticker paper. I made a slight error in my carving due to a transfer error. Maybe I wasn't careful enough :?: