Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By punchi
I've got five foamies here waiting for my Saral paper...i broke down and poked holes...it sucked...I'm spoiled...where oh where is the Saralpaper?!?! :cry:
By hkzombie
punchi wrote:I've got five foamies here waiting for my Saral paper...i broke down and poked holes...it sucked...I'm spoiled...where oh where is the Saralpaper?!?! :cry:
Did you try a craft store in your area? I know they also have them at a Michaels or a Jo Ann's. Theres also an art store called Blick where you can order it online. I think I might have to make a trip out to my school because they have a Blick store on campus
By Zombie Pumpkins!
hkzombie wrote:Theres also an art store called Blick where you can order it online.
You could... or you could order the same thing from me, for less. ;)
By Tkaraoke
I'm going to have to order some from you this year. I have bought some in the past but I wasn't really happy with the results. I never seemed to get the clear, crisp and well defined lines you do, Ryan. I heard a few years back that some people had problems with bad batches of the transfer paper and maybe this was in my case.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Personally, I've had nothing but great luck with it. I promote it not just because I sell it, but because it's my own personal choice for pattern transfer method. I haven't done the hole-poking method in years.

Yeah, maybe a bad roll was what happened in your case, Tkaraoke (although such a thing is not a complaint I hear, by any means). If you have any questions about the technique to use the product, feel free to ask.
By zombombie
Just noticed there are two threads about Saral, so I'm posting this again:

Got my very first roll of Saral paper today

Any tips on how best to use it? Am I best to tape the pattern and the transfer paper to the 'kin or is it easy enough to just hold it on?

Cheers for any advice!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Edinburghzombie wrote:Just noticed there are two threads about Saral, so I'm posting this again:
Well, this thread is mostly for people (who have already used Saral Transfer Paper) to review the product. The other thread is for discussing the technique. So if that's what you seek, go there.
By Dredge
So, I had some bad luck with my last foam pumpkin, but I think I concluded that it was the glossy finish on the actual pumpkin. So, we got 2 new pumpkins, and I gave it another shot.

It looks GREAT. Very clear lines. I should have no problem carving this one.

Great product, Ryan. Although I would expect no less from the Shocking Shop
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Good example of transfer paper use, the lines look good in that photo. Thanks for the feedback!
By Donna Destruction
I just used Saral paper on a foamie from Michaels last week and it worked great! I didn't have to apply alot of pressure and when I was done it wiped away easily with a damp piece of paper towel! So happy that I won't be poking holes anymore. Can't wait to test it out a real 'kin.
By hkzombie
The Saral Paper was excellent! I was pleased that my first design was neatly on there. A word to the wise, don't use a big point ball point pen (making the lines thicker). A finer one will let you carve exactly what you want to get out and you don't have to worry about breaking parts of your pumpkin that is carved thinly. I give this product an A++! I will NEVER be poking pumpkins EVER again! :)
By Joey
Aaah, it's sold out of the shop! I think I should have enough for Halloween, but would it still be possible to get some before the big day? I've planned poorly this year as far as timing goes...
By Zombie Pumpkins!
No more time for me to stock (or even ship really) in time for Halloween. Use it sparingly, reuse what you got, and maybe hit your local art supply stores if you have any?
By GUS
TIMELY REMINDER...

(Ryan & forumites)

ORDER YOUR SARAL PAPER EARLY....

I seem to remember it coming in rather late last year? & several folk missing out with late purchases...

Saral paper is so darn good for pre-prepping it could be pretty dire if you haven't got it when you most need it!
By Hottie McNaughty
Urg, I went to order some and it said it was out of stock. Shucks!