Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By Beast75
Ive ressurected this post to ask if anyone knows if i can hold of this or something similar in the UK? I can never find anything good for scraping the guts out. Im stuck with my little plastic scoop :(
By Kayo
ive never bothered with a "pumpkin" scoop i always found that the old fashion method of an ice cream scoop and fist fulls of guts worked just fine. but they always interested me do they really work that much better?
Ive mentioned it a few times before but I swear by a clay loop. It's perfect for scraping guts and thinning walls. I wouldn't use anything else. You'll find them in craft shops for a couple of quid.
By sloaner
monstermash wrote:Ive mentioned it a few times before but I swear by a clay loop. It's perfect for scraping guts and thinning walls. I wouldn't use anything else. You'll find them in craft shops for a couple of quid.
I think it's spelled Squid :lol:
sloaner wrote:
monstermash wrote:Ive mentioned it a few times before but I swear by a clay loop. It's perfect for scraping guts and thinning walls. I wouldn't use anything else. You'll find them in craft shops for a couple of quid.
Haha we don't use sea creatures as currency. :lol:
By St0ney
I've used the monster scoop since it came out, and LOVE IT.

Here's the Thing, It's perfect for gutting, Getting out the MUSH, Strings, Seeds.

but you should follow through with another in-expensive tool to do the thinning of the walls.
And Smoothing the inside of the pumpkin.

CLay Loop about 3 Bucks.
The one on the bottom (Pear Shape) is what I use, Made by Kemper Tools
St0ney wrote:I've used the monster scoop since it came out, and LOVE IT.

Here's the Thing, It's perfect for gutting, Getting out the MUSH, Strings, Seeds.

but you should follow through with another in-expensive tool to do the thinning of the walls.
And Smoothing the inside of the pumpkin.

CLay Loop about 3 Bucks.
The one on the bottom (Pear Shape) is what I use, Made by Kemper Tools
That's the loop im talking about. I use it straight away as it gets the goo and stringy bits out to when you start scraping the walls. I think a nice Zombie Pumpkins! engraved clay loop would be a nice addition to the shop. I can just see a Pro carving Tool and Clay Loop gift set working well.
nosferatu wrote:That's a great idea Mm. I've never used a clay loop before but will seek one out
Tust me, its worth seeking one out, you'll be converted. It'll be like the Saral discovery all over again! But be careful when you try it. Scraping the kin walls can be quite addictive with a loop and before you know it, your walls are see through.
By Raven
monstermash wrote:
sloaner wrote:
Haha we don't use sea creatures as currency. :lol:
I literally LOL'd at this.. then I had to picture it in my mind for awhile. Sea creatures as currency... awesome.