Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
CombichristGirl wrote:
KILLER KLOWN wrote:I'm thinkin bout picking one of these up. Less mess over a dremel.
ahh everyone says that but you can get more detail with a dremel so its a trade off :wink:
I'm too familiar with the various Dremel bits, I'm sure there are special ones for every use. But for regular cut-out style of carving, I love my Versa-tool with hot blade, for carving Michael's pumpkins (well, the old style ones, not as sure about the new style, I haven't tested yet).

But the Versa-tool is basically a heated xacto blade. And after seeing some of your vinyl work KILLER KLOWN, I know you have some accuracy with such a blade. :D
By CombichristGirl
zombiepumpkins wrote:
CombichristGirl wrote:
KILLER KLOWN wrote:I'm thinkin bout picking one of these up. Less mess over a dremel.
ahh everyone says that but you can get more detail with a dremel so its a trade off :wink:
I'm too familiar with the various Dremel bits, I'm sure there are special ones for every use. But for regular cut-out style of carving, I love my Versa-tool with hot blade, for carving Michael's pumpkins (well, the old style ones, not as sure about the new style, I haven't tested yet).

But the Versa-tool is basically a heated xacto blade. And after seeing some of your vinyl work KILLER KLOWN, I know you have some accuracy with such a blade. :D
i love mine for cut outs as well as a few other things. both are great investments to have :)
By DevilxKat
I'll have to check to see if I still have the blade tip..if I do, I'll definitely try it.