Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
By cyberdman
Yeah but they are way too expensive IMHO from there. That pumpkin light stand full of lights would be cool to have. :D
By Tkaraoke
Consider this...

I tried to find another way to get around spending that much on a power adapter so I went to my local Radio Shack to see what they had. The only power adapter I could find there that would work was $19.99! I think I'd rather pay Pumpkinlight a fraction of that price and have it delivered to my door.

I ended up getting two of those adapters for two of my lights from Pumpkinlight.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I considered buying a whole bunch of those AC adapters for the pumpkin lights, but they're a little more costly than the lights themselves, and I wasn't sure how much of a demand there would be. But if you guys are interested, let me know and maybe I'll add them to my store eventually.
By Tkaraoke
When the power adapter costs more than the actual product you are trying to power I can see where that wold make someone think twice before getting one. You would think that you could get a break on the price if you ordered quite a few of them.
By GUS
..wow for once we're lucky in the uk!
we have an excellent offshore webstore called www.7dayshop.com
they positively excel in photographic (and therefore batteries & battery equipment) high quality rechargeables (own brand) MEGACHEAP (1000 Ma AAA's, 2800 mA AA's etc) so I'm more than happy having loads of battery assisted stuff on the go, ..you can always do with more batteries, I figure 8-10 Howler lights for this halloween & an adaptor hasn't even crossed my mind.

NB have a look in your drawers for old phone chargers etc, these days theres usually a few appropriate adaptors in the hiousehold to get you by till you purchase your dedicated kit!
How many lights do the Howler adaptors run at once?
By Tkaraoke
GUS wrote:How many lights do the Howler adaptors run at once?
Just one...
By cyberdman
I would definately invest in some adaptors. Yeah, price point is the issue though. You know I usually have at least half a dozen pumpkins lit with these lights. 3AAs per light and the power only lasts 72 consecutive hours. So if I run the lights lets say at a minumum of 8hrs/day I can get 9 days in - at minimum. Then I have to change all those batteries out. That of course is saying that I spend a little more for the good batteries. If I buy a big package of cheapo batteries, they last way less. I usually light my pumpkins for a month or more and that adds up.

I have picked up 2 adaptors last season and that helps, but now I am building a big collection of permanent/fake carved pumpkins, so I will be adding more lights. They are a hard to find type of adaptor being only 4.5V. I have noticed the Christmas Villages, and the Halloween Villages at Michaels that require power have these multi-power adaptors that power several pieces at once and are also 4.5Vs. I have been wanting to try one out, but am not sure that they have the same size connector on the end. They may not even fit. I think they come one adaptor to 4 power points for around $20. I'll have to look into that.

In any case, yeah I'd love some more adaptors.
By amandap80
Did you ever find out if the spider 4.5 volt adapter for the villages work? I am looking to order a bunch of pumpkin lgihts this year and am in deperate need of adapters...
By cyberdman
Thanks for re-asking, things had been so hectic I totally forgot about this and forgot to report back. The LeMax Christmas/Halloween Village multi-power adaptor 4.5 volts work perfectly for powering 3 Howler pumpkin lights all at the same time! Pay special attention to get the 4.5V version with the round hollow plug-end adaptors that have yellow on the ends, NOT the ones that have the mini 3.5mm phone type plug end on them.

Around the holidays those multi-adaptors can run around $20, which is still a deal considering how much one single Howler adaptor costs x 3. Try to get them during the off-season if you can find them (you usually can if you know where to look) and they are much cheaper. I bought another one a couple of months ago at Menard's (a local super-hardware store kinda like Home Depot) for $12.

So - there you go!!!
By amandap80
cyberdman wrote: The LeMax Christmas/Halloween Village multi-power adaptor 4.5 volts work perfectly for powering 3 Howler pumpkin lights all at the same time! Pay special attention to get the 4.5V version with the round hollow plug-end adaptors that have yellow on the ends, NOT the ones that have the mini 3.5mm phone type plug end on them.
So - there you go!!!
Thank you so much!