Reviews of specific carving products by those who've used them.
A coworker gifted to me a package that he bought of the Pumpkin Masters Crackle Paint and Stencil Kit. I haven't had any experience with this stuff, and can't find any reviews here for it, nor any vids on youtube. I'm thinking I might try and use this on a medium round foamie and carve a summertime theme to gift back to him because he lives in Florida, and is really into the whole Jimmy Buffet, Tribal, Carribean, Tiki type stuff, but would like to here some product reviews on paint quality, and how the final result turned out. Anyone...?
Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and gave this stuff a try without any first hand reviews... It's a bust for me. Maybe I just didn't quite do the process correctly, but I did exactly as the directions said :? Try it for yourself if you feel so inclined, and maybe you will have better results, but as for me I can't exactly give my blessing to this stuff... Either way, you can see my own results on my tiki pumpkin carves in my 2014 picture thread here on page 3: http://www.zombiepumpkins.com/forum/vie ... 4&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll try it this week, bought some myself. Saw your pics and they don't look like the package says it'll look like....not super surprised. We shall see how it turns out for me.
shaft28 wrote:I'll try it this week, bought some myself. Saw your pics and they don't look like the package says it'll look like....not super surprised. We shall see how it turns out for me.
I'm anxious to see/hear about your experience... If you have pretty good luck, I'll just assume that I screwed up in the process somewhere, and maybe give it a second chance.
I also thought the pumpkins on the box looked pretty cool and got this. I followed the directions to the T and it looks nowhere near the picture on the box. I expected long, large crackles, but instead got something that looks like the mojave desert floor instead. Looks kind of crappy for the effect I wanted. Also, the color is actually silver not goldish like the picture shows. Rip off in my opinion