Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
If you keep up with your zombie news or video game news, you've certainly heard about this game by now. But I figured it would be a good idea to start a thread here to talk about the game as things unfold.

Here's the dramatic trailer that everyone is talking about:
:arrow: Dead Island: Official Announcement Trailer

And here's a cool article from Destructoid that talks about what sort of gameplay you can expect:
:arrow: Impressions: Your first look at Dead Island

Seems like a unique take on the zombie game. A sort of mission-based survival horror, in a tropical open-world setting. It takes place in and around the fictional Royal Palms Resort on an island called Banoi in Papua New Guinea. It will feature up to four-player drop-in/drop-out cooperative play. To keep it realistic, guns and ammo will be scarce. It's mostly melee based, with the ability to use stuff from the environment. And it has minor RPG elements (involving a skill tree method).

Release is aimed for late 2011.

By CombichristGirl
i have been looking at this. i cannot wait to get a hold of it!!!! i love the way they did the trailers
By GUS
Looks amazing, thanks Ryan, first i'd heard of it!
(I may be tempted to buy this brand new upon release... that has never happened before)

If it's a next gen Left for dead style title i'm there!
By GUS
wondering if there's any news for this yet??

...oooh 9th sept 2011
By pagemaster1993
GUS wrote:...oooh 9th sept 2011
Yeah I heard there is going to be a lot of video game releases in the Fall.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Here's a nice gameplay video:

Dead Island: To Kill Time Gameplay Walkthrough

The video is narrated by one of the developers. He describes what's happening on screen, so you can know what to expect from the game mechanics and such.

Dead Island is set to be released on September 6, 2011 for the US, and September 9, 2011 worldwide.
By GUS
I like the idea that you get tired, seriously tired whilst strolling, running or fighting, makes ofr a more though out game play at the end of the day.
By GUS
So near to release date, then I've got to wait while the excitement ceases & it becomes an affordable addition to my must plays! ..I'm honestly operating 3-5yrs behind game releases.

This one may be like last xmas when I got LFD 2, & pretty much have been hammering it all year in my late night (occasional zombie thumping game frenzies)
By Ajax
Whos on the playstation network we have to get some cooperative play going on with this game. It's coming soon :D
By Ajax
So very soon :twisted: . I think Ryan should celebrate this release with a unique creation zombie pattern, just saying. Sept 6th is going to be a big day for zombie slaying.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, is it coming out that soon? My mind has been so far from the topic of gaming lately. I pre-ordered the game, so I'll probably have it on release day, but may not really devote any time to it until after Halloween.
By Ajax
The review is up!!! 8/10 ign click the link i already posted. Looks awesome Fallout with zombies.
By Ajax
7/10 gamespot.com

anyone play it yet?