Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By chuckwagon
About a week and a half ago I got a super itch for some old school games that I've been missing for about 20 years, soooooo..... I went all out and ordered a Retron brand game system that plays both NES and SNES games. Then I proceeded to order a ton of games, some in lots, some just single catriges. I got Legend of Zelda 1 and 2 in the gold cartridge format, Castlevania, Friday the 13th, and many many many more... even found out that there is a specialty store close by my house that has nothing but retro games for everything pre PS1! Basically anything Nintendo and Sega... I was also lucky enough to get my hands on ALL original 18 (A.K.A. "black box") games from the original release of the NES system. Believe it or not, everything was pretty flippin' affordable. I found tested and guaranteed games for 99 cents each in many cases. others were very cheap. the most i paid for any one game was 10 dollars for the original Zelda game, and i only assume it was that high due to collector value.

I called my parents to tell them out of excitement, and I was shocked to hear my Dad say that he thought my old Atari was lying around in a closet somewhere... OMG, you're kidding me..... He wasn't!! I went over for Thanksgiving and did some digging through a closet that had some of us kids' old stuff in it, and low and behold... My Atari 2600 and every game my Mom and Dad ever bought or gifted to me or my brother!!!! Folks, we are talking about Donkey Kong, Pitfall, River Raid, Space Invaders, Missile Command, Super Breakout, the list goes on....

I feel like I have hit the proverbial jackpot these past few days... Just to let you all know, I may develop a sudden and extreme case of outdoor light sensitivity that requires me to be indoors, in the basement, with nothing but my television screen for illumination, and mini fridge stocked full of Mountain Dew. Maybe a decent supply of Ramen Noodles, and Spaghettio's also... It's been nice having this past season with you all, so until I emerge from my gaming mega cave next fall, I wish you all, Merry/Happy Christmas, New Year, Valentines, St. Patrick's, Easter, Independence Day (July 4th)..... and any other non American, but nonetheless patriotic holiday's for your specific homeland....... I will see you all next season
By zombombie
That's AMAZING! I'm a big fan of retro gaming having grown up playing the classics. My first console was the Master System that had Sonic the Hedgehog built into it, and I never got another game for it! As much as I like Sonic, my first true love was Mario. I don't think I'll ever forget my excitement of getting a NES on Christmas morning with Super Mario Bros 3. That blew my tiny mind.

To this day I love me some retro gaming.

The consoles I have are:

Virtua Boy
Mega Drive
SNES
N64
GameCube
PS2
PS3

Obviously the last 2 aren't retro!

I can't list the games I have off the top of my head, but if you really wanted I could make a definitive list when I get home from work! :P
By Ajax
Personally I find it hard to go back. I've downloaded copies of Zelda, link, donkey kong etc and never play them. I remember playing donkey kong 64 just to get to the arcade machine in the game with the original donkey kong. Those are amazing deals on those games I'd say you could get a lot more then that for them. I gave away most of my older consoles when I was young along with most of my toys the entire voltron with all lions and characters, my pet monster, my buddy, he man, skelator the big castle etc :( .

I held onto

Ps1
Ps2
PS3

Xbox360

N64
GameCube
Wii
Wii u

Psp
Nintendo ds
Nintendo 3ds
Gameboy sp

And a ton of games.

I want an old arcade machine.
By SuperSonic
Ohh lord should I even get into this discussion? Well. Stupid question. Of course!

Being a retro gamer myself, I find I'm leaning (HEAVILY) on SEGA. Although I do own the following.

NES
Genesis
Game Gear
(SEGA) Saturn
Dreamcast (x2)
N64
Advance SP

Those are all my classic systems. And only one doesn't work. The Game Gear's screen is shot. Capacitors went on it.

These are the other gaming systems I have/had:

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
NDS
NDSi
3DS
Game Cube
Wii
Wii U

Out of that entire list, the only things I do not own any more sre the Gameboys and the Game Cube.

So thats my stand. SEGA does what Nintendon't :P