Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By zombombie
So what are people thinking?

I've got a PS3 at the moment and I'm thinking of sticking with Sony and going for a PS4. It won't be at launch, it'll be a few months after, but it does look pretty good.

Not against the XOne, I love Halo, but I'm just not sure. My mind's far from made up I think.
By S.A.M
I'd say it's a it's a tough one but for me it isn't; having been mostly a 360 user this gen and v. late to PS3 I'm going to make the move to PS4. All of the DRM, privacy & Kinect issues Microsoft tried to pull off left me very cold to the brand, I know they've gone back on all the negative stuff but the fact that they tried to push it in a direction 90% of gamers didn't want is enough for me to call it quits. Just looking at how much 360 has changed since launch is enough of a sign to me that Microsoft's idea of a games machine and mine are totally different. I had a pre-order for both at Amazon but at the weekend I bit the bullet and cancelled the Xbox One pre-order so I guess I'm getting a PS4, I'm just undecided if to get it at launch or wait :D

There isn't much in the way of games and the reviews which came out today are a little less spectacular than I was expecting, I mean I think we all knew Knack was cack but 4/10 and 1.5/5, that's dreadful :lol: But tbh if you're buying any console at launch nowadays you're buying it for the long haul not just the launch titles, it'll be a long time before we see games of Mario 64 or Halo's caliber at launch, if we ever do again. Now those were system sellers!
By zombombie
I'm pretty certain I'll be going for a PS4 too. The Microsoft stuff was incredibly anti-consumer.

As far as launch day goes, no way! I'll be waiting for at least a few months into the new year. More games, better idea if the console is worth it, see if there are any major bugs showing up. Also, leaving it should mean a better bundle deal. I'm NOT a fan of this 'one controller per console' joke. I remember when you'd buy a console and get TWO controllers. Seems like that's a luxury nowadays. There were deals going that had PS4s coming with 2 controllers but you were paying a premium.

So yeah, I turn 30 next year, a big birthday, if I start dropping hints now I might get lucky ;)
By monstermash
I'm getting neither. Not for a long time anyway and I think i'd go down the xbox one route if I had to, only because most of the people i'd play with are getting one. I'm not really a gamer anyway, i've always got the GTA games and kind of got dragged along with COD's so frankly i'm glad of the break from them. Still playing GTA V even if it is by myself. I'll fish the SNES out of the loft if I fancy a game of something. It still works despite the battering the controllers took from my brother who just couldn't take losing at anything. At 26, he's improved slightly but you've still got to watch him with monopoly, pinching money when the bankers not looking! :lol:
By SuperSonic
I'm on the PS4 bandwagon. But I'm in NO rush to get it any time soon! I'll wait until the marketable games start popping up. I bought the Wii U just 2 weeks ago. So that tells you how long I wait to buy consoles. The Wii U was more important to me based on the games coming up, including Smash Bros 4.

So yeah. That's my stand.
By Ajax
I just bought a ps4. Playing kill zone not overly impressed so far but might pick up infamous second son and see how great it is.
By Ajax
zombombie wrote:I bought a PS4 a couple of months ago and love it! I really like Shadowfall and Infamous is lots of fun. If you don't already Ajax, I'd recommend picking up a PS Plus subscription. You get "free" games every month, and it covers the PS4, PS3 and Vita.
Beat killzone really great looking game with no real heart but still pretty fun. I bought infamous and I love it prettiest game I've ever seen amazing particle effects. Think I will get ps plus now since I have vita ps3 and ps4 crazy not to very interested in having access to the cloud as well. Wolfestein comes out May 20th :thumbsup: .
By Zombie Pumpkins!
During the last console generation it seemed like all my friends had an XBox 360, so I got on that bandwagon so I could play with them. 7 or so years later, and none of them really play anymore. My closest buddies have either unplugged and shelved their 360s, or seen it die a red-ring death. So without the friend peer pressure to sway me, my choice was totally up in the air. Although, the controversy Microsoft caused themselves at launch didn't help their cause.

I'm not the most prolific gamer, to be honest. I'll be lucky to play through a handful of games in a year. And usually AAA titles that I have faith will be worth my time. I've just been waiting to see what exclusive titles would be coming out. And after a few months, I've realized that I'm really learning toward the PS4.

A friend of mine worked on inFAMOUS: Second Son, I feel obligated to give that a go. Also on my radar are these games: Watch Dogs, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Last of Us Remastered, The Order: 1886 and the next Uncharted. All are available on PS4, with a few being exclusives. So... sorry XBox One. (Although, I eventually became an owner of PS3 and an XBox 360, so you never know what will happen in the coming years).

Most of the the games I mentioned don't come out until the fall or winter, so I'm not in any rush to buy a PS4 just to look at it. Maybe it would make a nice post-Halloween gift to myself? Hmm.
By Ajax
I am similar in that I don't play a lot of games and mostly play the highest rated. The last of us was one of the few I beat last year and it was one of my faves you'll make time I'm sure but I feel a little hipped now that it's coming out for ps4 since I already beat it and since I play so few games it won't be on my list for 2015. Sadly I beat tomb raider as well without getting to basque in its ps4 brilliance another amazing game.

My list for 2013/2014 of games I played and beat
The last of us
Tomb raider
Super mario 3d world
Telltales the walking dead
Killzone ps vita
Killzone Ps4
Grand theft auto 5

Still working on

Donky kong tropical freeze
Infamous second son
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, I sorta felt cheated when I beat Tomb Raider (great game!) and soon realized it was being re-released with updated graphics. But it's not like it was an ugly experience when I played the "last gen" version. Ultimately, it's about the gameplay, and a fun game is a fun game, regardless.

Good list of games you picked there, Ajax. I'd play many of the same, although I don't have a Nintendo system, and I'm not much for first person shooters. I do want to dive into GTA5 someday, but I fear it will be a major time sink.

I already mentioned the games I have on my radar for the future. So...

As for the games I've played and finished in the past year:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Batman: Arkham City
Beyond: Two Souls
Bioshock Infinite

Goat Simulator (ha)
Tomb Raider

Games I own but haven't played yet:
Alice Madness Returns
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Batman: Arkham Origins
God of War: Ascension
Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception
The Walking Dead: Season 2
The Wolf Among Us

Now that I type it out, that seems like a lot of unplayed games. Uusually I wait for a significant sale before I buy a game. Then I add it to the pile to be played eventually.
By SuperSonic
Alice: Madness Returns is a FANTASTIC game! (here's a discussion I CAN sink my teeth into :)= ). It's not something I should spoil though What? Did you really think I was going to say something. How foolish of you. Go play the game! :) Speaking of games we have played/not played/getting around to beating, I have a rather large list piling up myself.

Played and beaten (2013/14 list):

Mario Kart 8
Pokemon X and Y
Star Fox 64 3DS (Several times over)
Borderlands
Aliens: Colonial Marines

I tend to beat games thoroughly finding secrets, beating high scores and various other replay values.

Currently playing (here's the long list):

Yoshi's New Island (3DS)
Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time 3D and A Link Between Worlds) (3DS)
Epic Mickey (Wii)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
Dishonored (PS3)
Borderlands 2 (PS3)

As you can see my 3DS has been putting on hours lately

Currently I do not own a PS4, as I intend to get it around May next year. By then significant titles will come out

Waiting on Release/to Play:

Killzone Shadowfall (PS4)
Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS (need I explain the systems for this?)
Sonic Boom (Wii U)
Alien: Isolation (PS3/4)
Borderlands: The Pre Sequel (PS3)
Wolfenstein (PS4)
Tombraider (PS4)
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4)

And last but not least, for the time being. Batman Arkham Knight (PS4)

I got a long list of things to play and beat, and very few of them are PS4, so thats why I'm holding off on buying them for the time being. The Wii U is my main focus at the moment, followed by my 3DS.