Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By zombombie
I know there are a few Disney fans on here so I was interested to see if anyone else would be picking this up?

I've got mine pre-ordered for tomorrow though I know it's already out in the states. I know the whole "you need to buy figures to play" model isn't very popular, but I love toys and video games (and you don't need to buy every one) so this is just up my street! Especially when this character comes along in October...

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Don't currently have plans to pick it up, but I'm totally into the style and concept. I see nothing wrong with having to buy the figures to add to the game. I'd want to buy the figures anyway, just because I collect such "toys." Especially that Skellington! He comes out in October? Well of course he does! Perfect.

I like the stylized look of the characters in the game. I like how they sorta tweaked the appearance of a lot of the classic characters to make it look like they could all belong to the same world (not to mention, work well as small figurines).

The Incredibles and Monsters Inc are possibly my favorite Pixar movies, and obviously I'm savvy with Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean. So those are all perfect characters that come with the starter pack.

So I'm won over on the visuals. What's the gameplay supposed to be like?
By NikkiRae
Honestly, I've heard about it and was slightly interested because it was Disney but never really did much research about it. I am however even more intrigued now because of Jack lol what exactly is the concept of the game? You have to let us know how it is when you get it!
By zombombie
I love the look of the figures, the almost blocky, malformed shape of them :) Supposedly Jack Skellington is due out at the start of October but rumour there's a Pumpkin King variant due out on Halloween itself... I'd obviously be very happy about that!!

Gameplay is split into 2 sections:

Play Sets are kind of like story mode, for example you can play as Jack Sparrow playing through a Pirates story, though you couldn't bring Mr Incredible into this world. The only way to play 2 player in the Play Sets are by having 2 characters from the same world (such as Mike and Sulley from Monsters U).

Toy Box mode is when you can bring any characters you want together to play in an open world that can be built and added to any way the player wants! There's even a race course builder - I can see me trying to make a Wreck-It Ralph 'Sugar Crush' inspired course!

I've traded in a bunch of un-played stuff so I'm thinking of picking up the Starter Set (obviously!), the Villains set (Randy from Monsters U, Davey Jones from Pirates, and Syndrome from The Incredibles), and maybe the Lone Ranger play set. That includes the Lone Ranger, Tonto, and their play set (story mode). How can I say no to these guys?!

By NikkiRae
So I had to research it because Zombombie made it look really neat. Pretty sure I want it now lol probably going to ask for it for my birthday
By NikkiRae
Haha it's quite alright! I actually just talked to my boyfriend about it because neither of us had looked into it and we're huge Disney fans. He's actually excited about it now. One of the few games we would own to play together. Because normally it's just things like Mario or Kirby. He likes first-shooter and I don't. So this would be perfect for us! Thanks for bringing it up!!!!! :D
By zombombie
Glad I could help :) The couple that game (and carve) together, stay together ;)

My only issue with the whole thing is the price, but after the initial splurge, I'll only be saving for characters I really want. I've read a lot online of "but how can they expect you to afford every figure?" Surely even Disney don't expect people to buy every figure?! There will be real Disney collectors that will go for every figure of course, even the "crystal" exclusives at Toys R Us (for "crystal" read "clear plastic"!).
Last edited by zombombie on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By NikkiRae
Well, to be completely honest, we would probably be the ones to get all the characters. Because I have this issue where if I start collecting something, it must be complete haha I just have one question, I've noticed that there is a starter pack and a toy box challenge pack available here. Is it the same there? And do you know what the difference is?
By zombombie
Ha ha! Don't get me wrong, I can completely sympathise with wanting to collect everything in a set. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to stick to just the characters I like...

As far as I'm aware, the starter pack has the game, so you need that. I can't say I've seen the toy box challenge pack... What does it come with? Do you know?
By NikkiRae
It's the same price as the Starter Pack, but this is what's listed as part of it....
The Disney Infinity: Toy Box Challenge Starter Pack comes with the following:

Video game
Three Disney Infinity Figures: Sulley, Captain Jack Sparrow and Mr. Incredible
Disney Infinity Base
One Power Disc
Starter Pack Play Set piece
Web code card
By NikkiRae
I thought they sounded the same too lol because the starter pack here lists all the same stuff. The only difference is that there is a starter pack listed for each different console and only one listed for the toy box challenge that doesn't specify the console.
By zombombie
So what console are you getting it for? I'm getting mine for my Wii U. I already have 2 controllers for that, I couldn't really afford a second PS3 controller along with everything else - those things cost a fortune!

Will you just be getting a starter pack or will you get any extras to go with it?

You'll have to let me know what you think of it! :)