Get control of your plans for digital diversions from the virtual realms.
By NikkiRae
I'll be getting it for the Wii. Haven't invested in the Wii U yet, still on the fence about that one. I'll probably get the starter pack with the sidekick pack and Jack, of course. Then I'll hopefully be able to stick with strategically selecting what other figures to get, though if I know myself that won't happen and I'll end up with every single one lol
By zombombie
This is from Disney:

"NOTE: Due to the space limitations of the Wii platform, some design decisions had to be made in the game. In the case of multiplayer, we decided to focus on the Toy Box over the Play Sets because we wanted every player to be able to build custom play experiences together.

Disney Infinity features 2-player split screen play in Toy Box mode. That means an additional player can drop in at any time during gameplay and control the second character (the figure in the B [circular] slot on the Disney Infinity base)."

So you'll only be able to play multiplayer in Toy Box mode, not in story mode. Don't know if that sways your decision or not, but thought it better that you know!
By NikkiRae
I'll definitely have to look more into that then. Because if I can't do multiplayer in story mode, it's not going to be worth the investment since I don't currently have any other consoles.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
So zombombie, I saw that you picked up the starter pack game, the villains pack, and the Lone Ranger set, is that right? How are you enjoying it so far?

A couple random comments... I really like the look of the Lone Ranger figures and the western setting is great for a Play Set world. I'm sure the Lone Ranger story will translate well into some story missions. But it seems like a slightly strange choice for a property to translate into the game.

Since Disney Infinity seems to be aimed primarily at kids (no offence zombombie and NikkiRae, I'm a big kid too!) are these kids going to be excited to have the Play Set for a poorly reviewed PG-13 live-action film that didn't perform too well at the box office?

Seems like Disney is using the game to help bring attention to some of their newer movies. Monsters U, The Lone Ranger... and their upcoming film Frozen. And hey, maybe that's a smart idea. Disney has had a little practice with marketing their brand. ;) I'm just surprised there aren't more classic characters from older movies. But I'm sure they'll add those eventually too. This is a game that can be endlessly expanded.

I notice the packaging for the Jack Skellington figure has a Toy Box emblem in the corner, which I guess means he's just for playing with in Toy Box mode? Sheme he's not getting his own Play Set campaign. That might be enough to sway me to get the game. Haha. Although, the pirates stuff is temping enough.

From what I understand, there are some Power Discs that allow you to theme the Toy Box with elements from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Let me look it up...
  • Jack Skellington appears as a playable expansion character.
  • A Jack-O-Lantern from the film appears as an item to be used by characters.
  • There are Power Discs that allow you to modify the sky and ground to be Nightmare Before Christmas-themed.
  • A mini version of Sally Skellington appears in Toy Box.
Let's hope they add more characters and items from Jack's Halloweentown. That's my hometown! :)

Anyway, it's all a very novel idea. I've had a lot of fun playing open-world sandbox games with friends. So the Toy Box idea is great... make up your own world and play however you want. Just like real toys.
By zombombie
Yep, I got all that! :oops:

Lots of fun so far, Mrs Z and I have played some of The Incredibles Play Set & Monsters U Play Set - both lots of fun :) I've had a blast of the building aspect, and it's not too easy but it's pretty expansive. Just need to play more single player so I can unlock more toys to build with!

During the introduction, the first character that jumps out to scare, sorry, meet you, is The Pumpkin King himself :) Can't wait until he becomes available! I don't think he'll be getting his own play set sadly, but if they add enough toys, textures and buildings to the toy box, I'll certainly give building Halloweentown a try!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Really, zombombie... the whole game and concept in general isn't sticking for you? Do they have any anticipated Play Set releases on the horizon?
By zombombie
There's a Toy Story playset coming up, but that's it for the foreseeable I think.

I'll probably try it again, and see how I get on with it, but I'm not holding out much hope :(

I really enjoyed Skylanders, and was completely hooked on playing that! But this just hasn't grabbed me in a big way sadly.
By pagemaster1993
I got into this game series some time ago, and have some exciting news to share. They are bringing out a new Disney Infinity and it is going to have Marvel's Greatest Heros be in it.

From what they showed us it's going to be awesome. I can't wait to see what other characters and stuff we get. I'm hopeing for a playable Loki.