Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Okay, was been mentioned briefly in the music topic we had going, but I wanted to start a thread about this. I know many fans of Halloween (and this site) enjoy The Nightmare Before Christmas. So, have you picked up the "Nightmare Revisited" CD yet?

"The album features unique, ALL NEW RECORDINGS on the eccentric cult classic soundtrack, covered by a diverse group of artists across different music genres."

Some of these covers stick close to the original song, while others are so thoroughly remixed and expanded to epic levels, you have to listen closely to recognize which song you're listening to. There are some really unique takes on the songs, in many styles of music.

Check out the track list. I've been known to listen to many of these artists on their own. So... put them together on a single album, doing Nightmare songs, and you have some music that is in heavy rotation in the ZP patch.

1. "Overture" by DeVotchKa
2. "Opening" by Danny Elfman
3. "This Is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson
4. "Jack's Lament" by The All-American Rejects
5. "Doctor Finkelstein/In the Forest" by Amiina
6. "What's This?" by Flyleaf
7. "Town Meeting Song" by The Polyphonic Spree
8. "Jack and Sally Montage" by The Vitamin String Quartet
9. "Jack's Obsession" by Sparklehorse
10. "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" by Korn
11. "Making Christmas" by Rise Against
12. "Nabbed" by Yoshida Brothers
13. "Oogie Boogie's Song" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
14. "Sally's Song" by Amy Lee
15. "Christmas Eve Montage" by Rjd2
16. "Poor Jack" by Plain White T's
17. "To the Rescue" by Datarock
18. "Finale/Reprise" by Shiny Toy Guns
19. "Closing" by Danny Elfman
20. "End Title" by The Album Leaf
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By nosferatu
I'm going to buy it just for the Rodrigo y Gabriella track if nothing else .

Looks good! Will it sound good though?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I think the Rodrigo y Gabriela track is great. I like that the song in the movie traditionally has vocals, but they did it as an instrumental.

I just bought the MP3s from Amazon so I could get a quick fix.
By nosferatu
Judging by the UK iTunes store, the Marilyn Manson and Amy Lee tracks are the most popular downloads.

I have just downloaded the album but unfortunately can't transfer it yet as I don't seem to be able to find my iPod. It's probably buried underneath all this Halloween stuff
By Kittie
Bought it this morning. . been listening all day. I think this is going to be my only background music for my display this year.
By SaneInsideInsanity
didn;t know about it thanks ryan how did i miss that little tidbit of nightmare news....i'll be buying it after work
By jen d.
I think I've done enough *squeal*ing for this week, but I'm excited to go pick this album up!! I'm not sure how I missed it, as I didn't even know it was in production. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Ryan!
By SaneInsideInsanity
we didnt know aboutit because news travels slowly in canada
By SuperSonic
i heard about it but didnt really pay attention to it cause i like the original tracks the best