Anthems or ambiance, these are the tones that rattle your bones.
By OldTrustyLegs
pagemaster1993 wrote:Never listened to that one yet, but I really like the Marilyn Manson cover. I also put This Is Halloween as mine too. Yeah I know I should try to pick something that has not been picked already, but I do not want to.
I actually like Panic At the Disco version more, perhaps because it sounds more like the original (which, admittedly, is not the most creative way of doing a cover, but none the less...).
By GUS
LINK, LINK! :wink:

That's the poin tof this thread, more than words of music, actual good renditions people may be familiar with ..even unwittingly!

& we end up with a jukebox thread!
By SuperSonic
In my oppinion Panic! at the Disco doesnt deliver the spoke parts right. It sounds kind of monotone throughout the whole song really.
By GUS
definitely agree it lacks the soul & orchestral quality of the original, however that link may siply have just been poor quality!? :? ..& therefore didn't gee me up!

(sound quality & me, don't go there) :roll: :lol:
Last edited by GUS on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Great pick, CorpseBride. Any Nekromantics song would be fitting for Halloween, but that one is specifically about our favorite holiday. Excellent.
By Kittie
100% this song, be it this version, or the original

By staticfurball
The second runner up is....

Bach: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
I love that one!! and anothe that makes me think of Halloween is
Carmina Burana - O Fortuna i k now its not realy a Holloween song but its got that feel to it for me.
and for sure this is Halloween, but for outside crepy music I love the Halloween sound track.
By amandap80
Ok, a bit of a girly thing but here we go:
One of my favorite Halloween movies is 'Practical Magic'
This Stevie Nicks song always puts me in the mood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ady-964FkE
i love both Stevie nicks songs from that movie (the other is Crystal)
By SuperSonic
GUS wrote:definitely agree it lacks the soul & orchestral quality of the original, however that link may siply have just been poor quality!? :? ..& therefore didn't gee me up!

(sound quality & me, don't go there) :roll: :lol:
I have heard the song in good quaility and it just lacks the soul and orchestral quality as you mentioned.

However I must not tell lies, I do have another song that is almost a must for me on Halloween.

Halloween Original theme.

This comes straight from the movie and is availible on iTunes :)

I also can't help but add this in...just a creepy song all together

The Fog main theme Also composed and done by John Carpenter :)
By nosferatu
The song that I most associate with Halloween is The Munsters theme tune.

Mainly because years ago Halloween wasn't a big deal and the only H music I can remember from when I was young is tv theme tunes such as Scooby Doo, The Addams Family and The Munsters.

Incidentally, This is Halloween is on the up coming Just Dance 3.
By amandap80
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:As this is a perennial Halloween anthem for me, of course I like all the cover versions too. Here are some listening links...

:arrow: This is Halloween (Panic! At The Disco cover)
Ok, not a fan of the Panic! at the Disco version. Seems a bit flaccid.
By chuckwagon
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I have such a love for Halloween music, spanning all styles and genres. I like an always changing variety of tracks (thus, the playlist mixes I make every year). I could never pick one all-time favorite.

That said, I'm pretty sure this is one Halloween anthem I listen to every year. It never gets old, and never fails to get me excited for Halloween. These are lyrics I can surely relate to. Everyone hail to the pumpkin song.

:arrow: This Is Halloween
I was gonna say the same thing, but you have obviously beat me to it!! The lyrics are even my profile signature, LOL