Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Kittie
How many pumpkins will it do? We do quite a few every year. . and I don't want to spend to much money. .
By CorpseBride
Kittie wrote:How many pumpkins will it do? We do quite a few every year. . and I don't want to spend to much money. .
It does quite a few pumpkins, I can usually stretch it atleast 10. And that is layering it on pretty thick. If you use less you could probably get double the amount of pumpkins.
By Kittie
Yeah last year we did 41 total. . so that would be a bit pricey for me. .
By CorpseBride
Kittie wrote:Yeah last year we did 41 total. . so that would be a bit pricey for me. .
WOW! That is alot of pumpkin!
By Dr. Frybrain
When you coat the pumpkin with a petroleum product, WD-40, Vaseline, etc., you are sealing in the moisture that decay bacterial thrive on. The Egyptians figured this out centuries ago, which is why their mummies were dryed-out, not sealed-up.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
It's true, Vaseline isn't a bacteria killer. But if you only need your pumpkin carving to look good for an extra day or two, it works wonders to keep the thin lines and points from shriveling up too quickly.

There are other products that can be used in conjunction (or instead of) in order to prevent molding. But if you're only looking to get a couple extra days out of your carving, Vaseline is an affordable and readily available product.