Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Hollow
And the winner is

Does ZP have this stencil available yet?

The pumpkins had to be registered the day before the contest. The pumpkins I entered were all carved within 48 hours of the actual judging. They had the entries placed on four 4' x 8' folding tables stacked one on another two high. My pumpkins got placed on the very top of the display area.

Here is were the story takes a turn for the ugly. I arrived thirty minutes before the judging was to begin to illuminate my entries only to find that a my pumpkins had been severely dehydrated! They placed them on the very top approximately 3' from a row of canister style track lights that are on a timer to illuminate their retail showroom at night. My pumpkins actually had black spots in places from the high heat radiating from those flood bulbs. They looked as if they had been sitting on the front porch since last Halloween!

I was not happy to say the least but took it in stride. I spent my time waiting for the announcement of the winners visiting with the husband of the talented first place entry above.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Looks like you had some tough competition and unfortunately circumstances. You'll get 'em next year. With ZP stencils, you'll be sure to win something eventually! 8)