Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
What Zombie Pumpkins stencil do you think is the most impressive to date? I am entering a pumpkin carving contest and would appreciate your input.

In your opinion, what are the top three ZP stencils?

I would love to know Ryan's answer to this question. I can only imagine the time he has invested into his work, but I wonder if even the "Patch Master" has a favorite?
By reignman40
My votes would be for:
1. Halloween Hootenany
2. Fleshfeast (hauntedhotsauce.com)
3. Chucky

Although in my heart I love Hellbilly Deluxe more then Chucky but I think that Chucky is just one mean looking stencil.
By balsak40
1. Fleshfeast
2. Halloween Hootenanny
3. Shaun of the Dead
By Aylortay
1) Eye of Newt
2) Patch Master
3) Eye of the Beholder
By pumkin-lights
1 Halloween Hootenany

2 Freddy kruger

3 Eye of the Beholder
By amandap80
1) Eye of the beholder
2) worm food
3) Alice cooper
By Hollow
Thanks for the help so far. I know what stencils I would choose for my front porch come Halloween but wanted to view the choices from a wider angle for the purpose of a contest.

Looks like "Eye of the Beholder" is the fan favorite after day one.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I could never pick any of my stencils as my "favorite".... that would be like saying which of my children I like best. I like them all. And I always have a feeling that my next design will be my favorite. In other words, the best is yet to come!

But in terms of which I think are "impressive," I like the designs that are a bit more complex. Some of the characters I've made patterns for are pretty detailed. I like the challenge of portraying the detail of that character in a way that is still easy for anyone to carve.

So with that criteria, "Davy Jones," "Freddy Krueger" and "Eye of Newt" come to mind. Newt has always been a favorite of mine (oops.... shhh, don't tell the others) because it's a unique scene, somewhat complex, and my own original creation.
By Hollow
The contest is this Saturday. Hopefully, I can bring home a win for ZP.
By pumkin-lights
good luck, but if its a compertition are you allowed to
use stencils? :shock:
By haloween enthusiast
iw uodl have to say freddy kruger and strpie from gremlins then eye of newt good luck in the compotition
By Hollow
good luck, but if its a competition are you allowed to
use stencils?
To the best of my knowledge, stencils will be allowed
By pumkin-lights
then it must be in the bag if your using zp stencils
By Hollow
Slight change in plans.

I will definitely be carving "Heads Up!" as one of my entries.

This is incredible work Mr. Wickstrand.