Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By adam
Btw the way I wanted to let you guys/gals know. I believe Pumpkin Fresh has a form of Ascorbic acid, which is in vitamin C. I read online use 3,000 mg of vitamin C per cup of water. "Use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crystalline ascorbic acid or 750 to 1,500 mg crushed vitamin C tablets per quart of fruit." "Another is to drop the cut pieces in a solution of water and ascorbic acid, citric acid or lemon juice. Use 1 teaspoon (3,000 mg) ascorbic acid, 1 teaspoon citric acid or 3/4 cup lemon juice to 1 gallon water."

Apparantly you can by Ascorbic Acid from a grocery store or somewhere like it. I thought I would try using some vitamin C and a spray bottle. Let the vitamin c dissolve, shake it and let it settle and spray my pumpkins with them. See how it goes. I don't think I will try the lemon juice just because it will attract ants. Thought I would give you a heads up about this as I heard it on TV as a quick comment about preserving a fruit salad. If it works I will for sure post pictures for proof and what not.
By Dr. Frybrain
adam wrote:. I believe Pumpkin Fresh has a form of Ascorbic acid, which is in vitamin C.
I don't think so. Decay bacteria need an acid environment, so that would be counter productive.