Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Tkaraoke
Now that's a pumpkin toolbox! LOL
I'll have to head on down there (or Lowes) and see if they have them there.

Speaking of the pro knife set, I ordered mine on the 8th as well but I still haven't got it yet. I haven't checked the mail today so I bet you it's probably in there.

Are the grouping of saws the same or are they all different in some way?

She saws seesaws by the seashore
By Tkaraoke
Thank goodness I didn't cry like a little bizatch about not getting my saws because (as sure as I knew it was going to happen) my set came in the mail today.

I'm very impressed with the weight and feel of the handle and the blades look great. I was concerned at first how much the blade wobbles in the handle but I guess you can't have it too ridged. I tried to tighten it up with the wrench but it didn't seem to help.

Also, at first I thought I got shorted on the wrench but it was stuck way down deep in that little white pouch that the kit comes in.
By Patti
I don't have any movement in my blades at all. I just use a standard 1/2" wrench to tighten the top piece.

It fits perfectly and doesn't chew up the fitting like the little wrench tended to do.
By Tkaraoke
After toying with it the movement was the blade flexing and not the base moving. I really love the wood handle to it because it gives it that "old time" look. I know a few pumpkins in the garage who are starting to get nervous! LOL
By amandap80
Alright, I caved to peer pressure. I ordered one of these as well. I hope it will get here early next week. I also ordered the linoleum cutter and hole punch that Martha uses on her web site.

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml ... ite=living

I carve about 25 little 'lanterns' to light a path, and these looked awesome. *See little spiral pumpkins*

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jhtml ... ite=living
By Joey
You're not the onoly one who caved. I ordered a set Sunday night and got them today. Much faster then expected. And I must say I'm impressed. I'm going to try them out on the GIGANTIC pumpkins I picked up today after work for a sweet deal.
By Coley
Ordered mine when i first saw this post, and they finaly arrived the other day, and i am chuffed to bits with them. I ordered two sets because i am in the UK, and they are exactly what i have been looking for.

Here in the UK, we seem to lack any good Halloween products at all, so all i seem to do is order from the US. The two sets, plus delivery cost me just over $50 (around £25) wich to me is a bargain!

Now, just thinking i could do with one of those pumpkin gutters....
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I used my Warren "Cutlery Pumpkin Carvin Kit" for the first time last night, to carve a Funkin. I gotta say, it did a nice job. Certainly sharper than Pumpkin Masters tools, anyway.

The wooden handle is a bit bulky, but boy... you sure look like a pro when you're brandishing this wood and brass colored tool and everyone else is using plastic kiddie saws. 8)
By badgers
:( I can't seem to get the Warren Cutlery online store to come up.
Their specials section comes up, their contact info comes up, and profile page cvomes up. But everytime i try the online page I get a "page cannot be displayed" message saying the page is unavailable :? and to try again later. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
By badgers
Nope that's not working for me either :(
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Baffling. I can't get it to not work, so I don't know what to suggest. :?
By badgers
Hmmm, now wondering if it's my Norton security settings, I just noticed I get a "a recent attack on your computer was blocked" everytime I try and bring the Warren Cutlery page up.
And I can get the page up no problem on an old computer we still have (which hasn't had an anti-virus or security update in over 2 years).
By badgers
OK found the problem :D and just as I thought, I turned off Norton Security and the page comes up, I turn it back on and refresh the page and I get the "Page cannot be displayed" message. Does anyone know if that means there's a problem with their site?
By Patti
I carved about 15 pumpkins today using (mostly) the Warren Cutlery tools. So far I like them better than any other tool I've used.

We have two handles and have a large blade in one and the small blade in the other so we don't have to swap blades as often.

I do wish the small blade was about 1/2 inch longer, but other than that, no complaints.

Heck, my hand isn't even hurting yet.