Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By suzika
Now, I knew the pumpkins were a bit bad this year, it wasn't until we started carving them I realized how bad. They are soft and so wet that they are leaving puddles on everything.

None of the lines are at all sharp, no matter what, and I'm just sad at how bad they all look.
By Raven
I've had a few that were really stringy this year, and a couple that were deeply lined. One with black seeds inside, but no rot anywhere else. None of them were overly wet. I do think the pumpkins around here get worse and harder to find each year.
By nosferatu
You must have imported UK pumpkins because that is what we get year on year. Four of mine have turned to mush in less than 24 hours. They were incredibly watery when gutted and have turned to mush extremely quickly
By suzika
I called our pumpkin farm this morning, and they said it was from Hurricane Irene and the flooding we had. Plus there was mildew and mold and just awful Hopefully, next year will be better.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Ugh, sorry to hear about the lousy pumpkins. I heard this was a bad year for crops. Of the 10 pumpkins I bought, only one rotted early. So I guess I should consider myself lucky!
By Ajax
Mine were all pretty good and I had over 30. Maybe lost 3 or 4 before the big day which is average with so many.
By Kayo
i had the opposite problem all of my 6 were dry and crumbly. gutting was coming out in really big chunks of wall i worried about the structure for my carves