Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By GUS
yup she's quite tall, not an ounce of fat on her (unlike me) eats pretty sensibly (currently)

there were some smaller than that!

...& some BIGGER :o
now a pallet of kins sent up north? next year perhaps :lol: i'll ask how much theoretical crate cost to scotland would be (might be interesting)
By matspud
I would seriously consider it for next year GUS. The local patch is tiny and , while I like to support local business, I am getting a little fed up with it. The varieties he grows, while they get big, take ages to ripen and aren't as nicely shaped as the ones in your pics. It wouldn't have been worth it this year with other commitments but I know of a couple of other folk that might be happy to join up next year to make it worth it.
By monstermash
Gus that's one of the loveliest patches ive ever seen. The sizes, shapes and colours are divine. If it isn't too much of a pain in the a**e, a rough price guide would be good to know. That one in the back seat is simply superb. I'm in awe. :)
By GUS
No Problem, I'll ask over the next few days, obviously it'dbe based on this years fuel & transport costs but would give a good idea..

If I were paying for it that would have been a £3.00 pumpkin, borderline to being a little more maybe.
Sort of thing you'd have to handball off a lorry side in around 10 15 minutes, but when empty the crates pictured are very light!

Watching the guys stack them for grading they were incredibly gentle with the stock.
But I guess if it were a crate that'd be wholesale as well, so hard to fathom..I'll ask!