Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Niceworkbonedaddy
i just wanted to add something cool that i saw last year
to give the pumpkins and even scarier look if you use floral spray paint (black) and paint it the the glow is more strong and looks cool and almost eary looking the only part of the pumpkin that lights up is the carving .....
By OrangeOrb
Floral Spray paint is sold at Michael's craft stores, if you have one near you. The name brand is Design Master, and it's in the section with the other paints.
By Nikki
You mean to actually paint the entire pumpkin black? Hmm.. Maybe I'll do this for one of the pumpkins as a test run...

But isn't that stuff flamable? Of course it won't be IN the pumpkin but just curious...
By Niceworkbonedaddy
i was kinda worried about the whole flamable thing so i did the top in the bottom and just did a chimney and when you think about the paints they are around flame at times just dont spray if the candle is lit :wink:
By Nikki
So, did you actually paint the entire pumpkin black so the only light is the candle shining through the design?
By Niceworkbonedaddy
i painted the whole outside black so the inside is an even eary glow
By Nikki
That's awesome! :P

I might just try this if I can get to the nearest Jo Anns/Michael's which is...on the other side of town..
By Cheef
I saw a bunch of black pumpkins in my wifes Martha Stewart Living magazine this month, I am planning on doing a couple like that, it is a very cool and neat effect.
By Nikki
I wonder if spray paint would be alright to use? I'm questioning it.. My family has a TON of spray paints.

Do you think Spray Paint is an option besides the fact that it's pretty flammable? :? :?: :shock:
By adam
thats a good question, I am not sure about the spray paint...but I plan to use the black floral spray. The only issue with spray paint is as you carve it, it will come off everywhere.
By Wedge
I would question anything that comes out of a spray can. Those all use airasol which I believe is flamable. If you do spray you could always use battery operated lights instead of candles.
By Nikki
That is true. I have a few small small pumpkins I'll try this on.
By KILLER KLOWN
Hey "Cheef" Don't lie...the Martha Stewart Magazine is yours! :wink:
By Cheef
no no, not lgonna lie, the wife is a certified MArtha Stewart disciple. I can appreciate the halloween edition of her magazine though. She always has lots of good ideas in it for the artsy / craftsy type.