Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
When Is a good time to bring the pumpkins out from the cold into room temperature? I say a week should be good but i'm not sure. I've had some in my basement for about 9 days now and they don't seem to be rotting or anything. The ones I have stored in a cold grage seem to be going quicker. Let me know your experiences.
By Hottie McNaughty
It's never safe to bring them into the house. They're zombie pumpkins and want braiiiinnnnnsssss!
By Raven
Mine are inside as soon as I bring them home. I bought them the end of September. I don't keep them outside only because the wild life in the area think they are snacks. I noticed today one has some mold on the stalk, but no soft spots.

Hottie is probably right though.. if you bring them inside keep them locked up. :)
By Ajax
A little late for the warning one of the bastards bite me.
By cuvers
I always bring mine in as soon as I buy them , as long as I have the room. you mentioned the 1s in the garage seem to be going quicker, they shouldn't be unless they are getting frozen, dunno how cold it is where you are. you just have to be really careful when you get them and examine them REALLY good especially the bottoms, if there is even the tiniest puncture in them you stand a good chance of losing it by halloween. (i.e. from a little stone or piece of gravel) as long as the pumpkin is uncomprimised in any way I have been able to have some well into february. I usually do a thanksgiving, christmas, new years, valentines day pumpkin after halloween. so you can get them to last a long time.