Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By monstermash
Ive had a bad time of it with my pumpkins giving out on me. I did discover a great way of stopping the rot if it has only just started on a small area. What is the point of sitting back and watching a tiny bit of rot grow and grow into a useless lump of orange smelly gunge? Dont dismay, act today, get surgical on that baby!
This is what i did to two of my kins over a week ago and they are stronger than ever.
I would only suggest this for small rots (eg 1" max) as larger areas are too hard to treat, especially if its rotten to the core.
What you will need:
Knife/cutting tool (for removing the rot)
paper towels ( to stem any bleeding. Oops i meant juice running)
Bleach/water solution ( i used mold and mildew remover)
Plasti-kote spray (for sealing the wound)

What to do (its very simple and should take around 5 mins)

1. Cut out your decaying flesh making sure you get every last bit. Try not to cut right through to the core as it makes step 4 much harder.
2. Wipe away the juice that has run out so you dont leave any moisture around for Mr mold.
3. Take a paper towel and spray your bleach onto it. Then wipe the cut area and surrounding area.
4. Spray the area with the plasti-kote and let it dry. Spray again a few times. This should seal the cut area and keep the air from getting to it. Spray it a good few times and then once every day to keep the sael intact.

I did this as its hard for me to find great punpkins and they weren't cheap either so i couldnt let too many rot. I hope this helps anyone who has this problem :D
By Tkaraoke
I think this is exactly what they did to me at the hospital!!! ROFLMAO! :lol: