Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Tkaraoke
All ZP designs are made to be cut all the way through but you can scrape some areas to make them stand out more. One of the best examples is to scrape the ET pattern and cut his glowing finger all the way through to make it brighter.
By paddy_babe
ah grand, I was worried that I'd print some off only to find some areas need to be scraped. I might have a go @ scraping this year though (one 'kin though lol) is ET the easiest for a scraping noobie? :)
By Tkaraoke
paddy_babe wrote:ah grand, I was worried that I'd print some off only to find some areas need to be scraped. I might have a go @ scraping this year though (one 'kin though lol) is ET the easiest for a scraping noobie? :)
Nope, Ryan has taken great care to make them cut through and I've been trying to find ways to make them scrape-able! LOL
I think anytme you have eyes on the pattern they should be cut through and the rest scraped.

I think the ET pattern would be easyto scrape because there are a lot of small areas. Seems to me the wider the area, the more you would have to worry about scraping.
By SaneInsideInsanity
They can be done either way but are meant for cutting through, scraping is fun...but oh so time confusing....I like just hacking things :D
By paddy_babe
I agree, I can get quite into something and I think I'd cry if I was nearing the end of a 'kin that I was scraping to forget what I was doing and ruin it by going all the way through. I'll stick to carving (maybe scrape a name out underneath it)

ugh and the amount of times I've typed scrape/ scraped the word has lost all meaning so sorry if I'm spelling it wrong lol!
By SaneInsideInsanity
I started scraping by adding extras around the patterns flames on a dragon ect words.... something that wouldn't mess up the original awesomeness of the design but I'm also used to vegetable sculpting and carving so i cant really say I've messed anything up horribly yet....except for rose tomatoes how i loath them
By paddy_babe
rose tomatoes? sounds interesting, any pics?

I dunno I'll give it a shot and post pics on forums.
does ZP do any noobie competitons?? I'd give that a go aswell lol
By Joey
I have a habit of shading at least something on every pumpkin I touch, even ZPs. Just look for something that'll stand out from the rest of the pattern and would look neat. I say give it a try, and have fun with it!