Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Ajax
Do you print the patterns right on the Saral paper?
By Kerianne19
You read my mind... Although I am assuming it's much like tracing paper? Either way, I'm in.
By nosferatu
Its like carbon copy or graphite paper. The saral paper goes in between pattern and pumpkin. Then you draw round the pattern. Take the paper off and there is your pattern underneath. No need for poking holes etc.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Ive never tried but my curiosity is now peeked
By monstermash
I bought some carbon paper but i here its not that effective on kin skin. has anyone tried it? i might have to buy some Saral.
By Raven
I'm really tempted to try the Saral paper. I still do the old school hole poking on my pumpkins. I'm pretty sure there is a thread on here somewhere about the different paper and how well each worked.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Carbon Paper worked better then hole poking but the lines were really faint i had to trace them all again i think ill try glue this year.
By GUS
how does it transfer for foamies?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nightwatchman wrote:Once you try transfer paper, you will never poke another hole in a pumpkin pattern.
I totally agree with Nightwatchman on that statement. I've had great success with Saral Transfer Paper. Speeds up the process and saves you the hand strain of all that poking. Since discovering it, I haven't used the poker tool since.

It's the same principle as carbon paper, but works much better. As long as it's dry, it doesn't smudge like carbon. The lines are pretty clear, so you should be able to see them without having to retrace with marker.

I haven't used it on foam pumpkins yet, but I would assume it would work the same. In theory, the transfer lines are able to be erased (if they didn't end up getting cut away, of course) as long as it didn't effect the paint on the foam-kin.
By 2manyferrets
Transfer paper works wonders on real pumpkins...just like Ryan's pics.. However on foam kins I just glue the pattern on . :D
By maegnus
As if I'm like the only one still poking. I only do foamies, and achieve great results by poking and using a versa tool heated x-acto, but the poking is a bit of a pain. I may have to try this.
By amandap80
I was wondering if it would work on foamies as well. I ordered some, I will try it out!
By GUS
Nightwatchman wrote:I have used transfer paper on foam kins, it has worked well for me. I know that a lot of people like to use the glue method on foam kins.
Good to hear!

which brands have you done this on ?