Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Lithium_joe
4 of my pumpkins have gone off!

I only checked them the other day and in that space of time one has deflated complety and turned very soggy and rotten and the three next to it all have this strange waxy growths on numerous damp spots and there is an overiding smell similar to chlorine.

I'm dissapointed cos the use by date was the middle of November and they've been kept in the cold and the dark and away from human contact with bacteria such as possible.

I dumped them straight in the bin after a cursory examination.

Shall have to replace them now but hellfire and bumfluff!

I .. A M .. N O T .. A M U S E D. :x
By SaneInsideInsanity
Aww hugs losing pumpkins is never fun, i don;t know why that would happen....
By GUS
RING UP TESCO STORE OR WHATEVER, state BB Date, "what can you do for me? ..I dumped them as they were a potential hazaqrd to health (spores , i'm very sensitive to that sort of thing :wink: )

..& if you think I'm going to lug those back with me then you've got another fight on your hands & i'd like to speak to the manager (in the same breath)

...new pumpkins, £10 voucher....
By S.A.M
Oh dear :? Are they the £1.50 pumpkins from Tescos?

Tesco Value strikes again, time to break out the tesco value .gif :lol:

I don't know what could have happened to them, do what GUS says, kick up a fuss and get some more or your money back.
Good luck.
By Lithium_joe
I just went down and bought 4 more (credit crunch? what credit crunch?) only cost me £6 so not so bad.

This year I'm trying to be a bit methodical about which pumpkins I carve with which pattern to reduce the amount I need to shrink the patterns by which makes the smaller cuts a lot easier. Anyway, the up=shot of this bit of anal retentiveness is that I gave each pumpkin a number. and the 4 that failed where 1,2,3,4 and I don't think they were Tesco's own, I think those first ones were from the co-op.

So by my reckoning the Tesco 'kins are all still good and healthy.

The replacements I've bought are marginally bigger and beter proportioned so not all bad.
By Tkaraoke
This had me thinking about my 'kins and I went downstairs to check on them and one of them is DEAD! Maybe he figured out what was in store for him and he committed pumpkincide!
By 500cdn
I Am Now Going Into the Garage To Check My Kins
I Bought Them From Tescos