Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By lynchy316
hi everyone im new to this forum as of today :D

on the subject of carving kits what i find really handy is to buy a pack of mini hacksaw blades which you can find at any good diy shop. what i then do is grind them down to a point using an angle grinder which im sure a neighbour or friend might kindly borrow you if your short of one. i grind them down to different shapes depending on what pattern im doing ( be it difficult or easy). i then make a handle out of some pvc tape wrapped around the end so as to keep the teeth from hurting my pinkys :D hope this helps !!
By tinytiger
Hi All,
I have purchased carving kits from www.pumpkincarvingkit.co.uk this year and it is really similar to the PM tools, it also comes with 8 patterns which are great for first timers.
Just thought you would like to know of someone who has one!
Happy Carving
Lou
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah, this has been rather a bone of contention for me as the saws we have in 'card' shops over here have silly saftey edges for kids. This means rounded edges and a rather irritated Dan! I did finally find a suitable carving kit in Morissons for a couple of quid. I usually uses a scaple first after pricking and I find that it helps guide the saw when you come to do it.

Dan