Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Lithium_joe
I too looked at the luminous orange spray when I picked up my can of "clear-super" the other day.

Wondered about it but didn't buy it.

So if you do use some take photos and inquisitive public wants to know more! 8)
By SaneInsideInsanity
rona here doesn;t carry eityher i havn;t check candian trash cough i mean tire out of principal
By 500cdn
I will be useing this spray again this year
By Mistress_of_Halloween
i'll check at Kent Building Supplies, if they have it I'll get a discount since my husband works there.
By paddy_babe
does that mean the pumpkin will last longer (so we can carve earlier and hold onto them for halloween)
last year I did ALL my pumpkins the night before halloween and it nearly killed me lol
By Mistress_of_Halloween
I'm planning on starting the saturday before.

I'll transfer the patterns on Saturday, Gut on Sunday, Then carve 2 patterns each day from Monday to Friday and hope they all survive to Halloween.
By monstermash
Does using this method lock in the moisture and prevent the pattern from wrinkling up for a few extra days??
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Anyone else experimenting with spray coating sealers lately? What sorta results are you finding?
By Lithium_joe
Not this year.

I've washed lightly in water and bleach. Dried out with paper towels then wrapped in cling film, keeping them in the shed where it's cool.

Thus far few problems.
By monstermash
Ive used plasti-kote to seal cuts where ive taken out rotten bits and it works really well. As for preserving the finished carve, im not sure. I think im sticking with a bath and a good helping of vaseline (for the pumpkins, not for me :wink: )