Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
Has anyone done the pumpkin inside a pumpkin? I knoe Pumpkin Masters do a carving book on the idea? Has anyone got any stencils or ideas of there own on the subject?

Dan
By Dragon
I have never done it... And I want to say that I possibly have the pattern book but the last time I looked through my small collection, I don't remember seeing it. I remember one stencil had an outer pumpkin of a window with an owl on a branch near it and I believe the smaller pumpkin was of a witch or someone doing something.
By Kittie
I don't think it would be that hard to do with a large enough pumpkin. I mean all you have to do is cut a whole large enough to fit another small pumpkin inside. I personally would cut out the bottom.

Maybe I will try one this year.
By 2manyferrets
I did one a the last minute last year. It wasnt too bad but you have to find a really large pumpkin and then a really little one. The problem I came up with was positioning it inside. I ended up putting a clear bowl in there and sitting the little pumpkin on it. I personally wasnt really thrilled with it. You also have to use a really bright light. Heres a pic, its not that good, but here it is...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nicerotti ... pg&.src=ph
By vaderknightrider
I never did try one, but I don't really have too much interest in them...sorry.