Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By GUS
& BLEACH GENERALLY BREAKS DOWN SAFELY INTO THE ENVIRONMENT IN ABOUT 7 DAYS! ..gotta be better than WD40
By Chewy
Although, last year I went to the body worlds exhibition (which is another entirely different & seasonally appropriate can of worms) & got to thinking about the plastination process they were using... What would be too cool would be to be able to plasticize them after they're carved. Best of both worlds - funkin like durability with pumpkin looks, carving and *price*

Now that would be a solution to make them last, wouldnt it? Of course, the obvious drawback would be having to rent a storage locker to put them all in for 11 months...

Then again, maybe I just have too much time to think about this stuff.
By SaneInsideInsanity
I personaly just use hairspray...no joke i have since i was like 13 or so panteen prov extra hold aroesol ..works like a charm for about 5 days or so
By SuperSonic
since we get good climate around here i tend to do one or both of the following depending on the masses of Zp's lying around :)

1. put them in my garden shed and let them sit for roughly two weeks max

2. put them ontop of a tarp and then wrap it around as if it were a present and leave them outside
By GUS
just remember folks that if you do follow the bleach bucket dunking method, remove the pumpkin carefully & slowly so that water doesn't suddenly pour out under presure knocking delicate & waterlogged thin cuts out onto the floor.. as happened to me one time!
By Dr. Frybrain
When you coat the pumpkin with a petroleum product, WD-40, Vaseline, etc., you are sealing in the moisture that decay bacterial thrive on.