Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By Cheef
Well I finally am starting to bring some real pumpkins home. Ive got 5 out in the nice cool garage as i type. I cant wait to get my pumpkin gutter busy and start carving.

Im hoping to do about 12 this year.

I will reserve this thread for soon to be incoming pics of my ZP's.
By belli
I purchased 9 over the weekend and had 1 that I bought the first week I saw pumpkins in the store. So I have 10 so far waiting to be carved. I plan on buying 5-6 more.

I found this stand that sells theirs for $3 each for the good carving sized pumpkins. The official pumpkin patches around here are selling their good sized pumpkins for $10-15 so I was so happy to find this place. I have purchased from them the last 3 years.

They are on an honor system. If you show up there and nobody is around to take your money or it's late at night they have a money drop box. They are just hard working farmers making some side money on pumpkins which is great for us people who purchase several pumpkins to carve.
By Cheef
i have a couple local farms that sell pumpkins. they generally sell for about .15 cents a pound which make for good size pumpkins in the less than 3 dollar range. I figure i cant get do much better than that.

Problem so far this year is thats it has been really soggy and im finding lots of moldy and pocked up pumpkins in the pumpkin stands. I bet i sorted through 40 pumpkins sunday to get the 5 i got that would keep until i carve them up.