Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
By OtherLevelJ7000
Hey gang I would like to enter some pumpkin carving contests this year and I think I could possibly take home the belt with some of them. Other than the This Old House contest what are some national level pumpkin carving contests I could enter without being there?

Art Hard,
J
By Zombie Pumpkins!
That's a good question. And I don't have an answer. Interestingly, I've never entered a pumpkin carving contest. It wouldn't be fair. :twisted: :lol:
By St0ney
OtherLevelJ7000 wrote:Hey gang I would like to enter some pumpkin carving contests this year and I think I could possibly take home the belt with some of them.

What Size is the Belt, it might Fit me, Or some other carvers I know :D

Just Messing with you,

I checked out your Wood Sculptures, and I'm amazed that you guys do this type of work.
I've been involved in art my whole life, but never gave sculpting a try - Really Cool Stuff you have there ! :thumbsup:

And Honestly: I think there should be two Kinds of pumpkin Contest, or (2) Separate Categories

(1) Pumpkin Carving

(2) Pumpkin Sculpting. (sculptor's should Compete with other sculptor's not Pumpkin Carvers)

I don't think it's a Fair Contest to allow Both. They are two separate art forms on the same Medium.

And if Ray Villafane Shows up, I'm just picking up my tools and Leaving !! :lol:
By OtherLevelJ7000
Yes I tend to agree. I've definitely seen some stencil work that would mop the floor with some of the more crude 3d pumpkin sculpts I've seen and vice versa. So yeah a separate class of carvings would be appropriate I think.
By OtherLevelJ7000
And if Ray Villafane shows up I personally will look him in the eye and say with confidence 'Challenge Accepted!', all while quietly changing my sure to be urine soaked undies:)