Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
I assume it to be a small variety? I suppose anything is possible carving wise but it would depend on your carving ability, tools, eyesight, patience etc as Spongebob is quite a difficult pattern and one I've never carved personally. Obviously, the bigger the reduction in size the harder it will be to carve. Good luck though and I look forward to seeing the results. As we say, "Impossible is nothing."
camarillomom wrote:Unfortunately, when you click on print on the website to print your stencil it goes straight to print and there is no opportunity to adjust size.
Does everything you print do that or only here? When I click print it brings up the pattern as a PDF first and I can make adjustments if need be then. I'm not computer savvy enough to know if that's something you have to set your printer to do or not. I think that is your only option as far as resizing though..
Raven wrote:
camarillomom wrote:Unfortunately, when you click on print on the website to print your stencil it goes straight to print and there is no opportunity to adjust size.
Does everything you print do that or only here? When I click print it brings up the pattern as a PDF first and I can make adjustments if need be then. I'm not computer savvy enough to know if that's something you have to set your printer to do or not. I think that is your only option as far as resizing though..
Works the same way for me Camarillomom, I can't adjust the size. When I click print the my small print screen comes up, I can then click on "preferences" then on "advanced" and there I have an option to print "without borders" which makes the pattern a tiny bit larger. but no option to adjust size, at least on my computer and printer options.

I thought Ryan had removed the PDF thing cause I haven't had that the past few years (maybe more?). I remember when they came up as a PDF cause I put a bunch on a CD....I think I even have the original Ryan Freak pattern on it.

Ok went looking through like 4 (what were once dusty) pumpkin PDF CD's and found the CD with the FREAK RYN on it....WOW it has a 2003 copyright on it. Anyhow I am not sure when the PDF's stopped for me but I know it's been a few years.
I have a similar issue. :? I have been trying to enlarge the patterns a bit and even when changing the scaling prior to printing, it is still coming out the same size. Same thing both at home and at work. I don't think it is an issue with the site - just the printers I an using, I got round it by printing the pattern normal size then scaling up by photocopying it with the size changed directly on the copier :D
matspud wrote:I have a similar issue. :? I have been trying to enlarge the patterns a bit and even when changing the scaling prior to printing, it is still coming out the same size. Same thing both at home and at work. I don't think it is an issue with the site - just the printers I an using
I've had the same issue. I've been trying to shrink some patterns to make more luminaries and even though I know I was able to do it at both work and home last year, it isn't working for me this year.
I always scan my printed ZP! Pattern so I have a copy on my computer that I can resize. I use a photoshop type programme that came with my digital camera to resize the picture. That is the only way I can make them bigger or smaller.
I have been scanning the prints and using a combo of Adobe Reader and Microsoft Word and/or Publisher -- below is a quick breakdown of what I do to enlarge or reduce -- not to sure what the Apple ways would be but this has been a huge time saver and help.

Step one --- scan the pattern in a .PDF format and bring it up in the Reader

My default brings the image in at over 200% -- if this happens click on the sizing and click the option to Fit Page

After I click Fit Page

Now click: Tools --- Select and Zoom --- Snapshot Tool

After you click Tools --- Select and Zoom --- Snapshot Tool --- place the mouse cursor over the image and click --- this will copy the image and the image will now look gray

Now open Word (or other program) and paste the image there

In this case I need to rotate the image --- in Word --- go to picture tools --- format --- rotate

Still in Word ---- go to picture tools --- format --- crop --- this gives you the crop marks on your image

I always crop the image up to the true pattern --- I like to remove as much of the non - pattern space as possible
The pattern is now ready to be resized

Examples of the pattern resized -- the original copied image is on top and smaller sizes below (Paper size is standard letter 8.5 x 11)

Same image enlarged to the full page (Paper size is standard letter 8.5 x 11)

That's it -- hope it helps
Mike
I use a program called Poster Printer

Just load the Pattern (has to be PNG, GIF, or JPG) PDF Not supported at this time.
(PNG is the Best Format)

Crop image in program (does not crop the Original Image, it makes a copy)

And Just put in your size you want the pattern to print - by Inch or CM And Done.
Can Enlarge and Shrink the pattern to the "Specific" Measurement you put in.

Put in Stoneykins as Coupon Code and Get 25% OFF :wink:

I personally use this program on every single pattern I print, And no I don't make anything off it.
Works great, so I made a deal to get it cheaper for the carvers.

http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/buy.html