Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
So this will be first time carving a pumpkin ( i know right) and ive been doing a bit of research. I came across this Pokemon carving that interested me and I want to make it my first carving.

How you guys suggest for me to use for the stencil? also for Gastly ( pokemon on the right) how you make it his flame to be like that?
how a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest, how difficult do you rate this carving? thank you Image
Cool pumpkin! The carving part shouldn't be too bad. They made Ghastly by primarily shading him. You can use a dremel for that or a wood carving set. Haunter? (the guy on the left I believe is his name, been years since I've played/ watched pokemon) mouth and hands were done the same way. Same with Gengar's eyes and details in his feet. As far as making this a stencil if you can find a picture of it and print or trace it. Maybe label on your picture of what's getting cut out to help you! Hope it turns out well, it's a cool lookin pumpkin!
hauuung wrote:So this will be first time carving a pumpkin ( i know right) and ive been doing a bit of research. I came across this Pokemon carving that interested me and I want to make it my first carving.

How you guys suggest for me to use for the stencil? also for Gastly ( pokemon on the right) how you make it his flame to be like that?
how a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest, how difficult do you rate this carving? thank you Image
Have you tried contacting the person who posted the original carving - maybe they would supply a pattern.