Trading tips for gutting, transferring, and carving the real thing.
Does anyone else find it weird to hear Ryan talk. I was starting to think he was just a computer that made patterns and talked to us on the forum. Turns out hes a real person :lol:

Great video Ryan, I ordered a pack of this, hope I have time to try it out. Transferring the pattern is my least favorite part.
Great video! I notice your pattern on the Sulky product packaging. My mom and I sew and have used Sulky threads etc for years, and she noticed the Stick 'n Carve on her quilting resources. Very neat partnership!
I imagined your voice a tad lower. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I was hesitant about this stuff at first, concerned about how placing the pattern might work. After that, I was pretty confident that something like this would stick. Even in the video this stuff surely proved how amazing it is. However, a batch with more sheets might be better for those of us who carve in bulk. Like me (30 Pumpkins is no laughing matter ladies and gentlemen). :lol:

I will certainly pick some of this stuff up in the off season. Were there more options for larger sheet quantities? Say maybe 10 to a package, rather than 4? I'd pay a bit more for more sheets.
sloaner wrote:Does anyone else find it weird to hear Ryan talk. I was starting to think he was just a computer that made patterns and talked to us on the forum.
I was just about to post the same exact sentence practically, LOL!! I watched the whole video just enjoying the carving demo, and then when it ended I was thinking "Wait... that the Patch Master himself?? OMG, it talks!!" Good stuff Ryan!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by chuckwagon on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
chuckwagon wrote:
sloaner wrote:Does anyone else find it weird to hear Ryan talk. I was starting to think he was just a computer that made patterns and talked to us on the forum.
I was just about to post the same exact sentence practically, LOL!! I watched the whole video just enjoying the carving demo, and then when it ended I was thinking "Wait... was that the Patch Master himself?? OMG, it talks!!" Good stuff Ryan!! :thumbsup:
Having seen the second time that Ryan used his voice, I wasn't ultimately surprised. However, it is still only my second time hearing him, so I'm still not used to it :lol:

Hell, we haven't heard anyone on the forums before. Except for one time if memory serves, Dadja made a video with most of us minions at the time in a "thank you Ryan" video.
So that's what our beloved Patch Master sounds like. Great video.

I was a little bit concerned with spraying water on a foam pumpkin. I thought it would absorb water, and expand. Does this happen or is it okay?
pagemaster1993 wrote:I was a little bit concerned with spraying water on a foam pumpkin. I thought it would absorb water, and expand. Does this happen or is it okay?
Totally fine, at least on the Michaels pumpkins. The foam is dense and rubbery, so it doesn't absorb water like a sponge.
All the foam pumpkins are actually quite water proof - I have had a few accidental rain showers when they are in the yard and they were totally fine.
I may have to try this stuff out, because the poke method I've been doing is getting tiresome. The only problem is I don't use a heated knife and I don't have a spray hose on my sink (there is a place for one, but we don't have one).
pagemaster1993 wrote:I may have to try this stuff out, because the poke method I've been doing is getting tiresome. The only problem is I don't use a heated knife and I don't have a spray hose on my sink (there is a place for one, but we don't have one).
I don't think either are necessary :D Just run it under the faucet or even soak a cloth or tea-towel and lay that over the "paper" - I am sure it will dissolve just fine :-)