Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By nosferatu
At last we get to see what all the fuss is about. Starts on Channel 4 on Wednesday 7th October at 10pm
By sodajazz
I've been watching this on FX, it started a few weeks back so a reminder was set. Just beware if you have any young ones it has a few graphic sex scenes contained within.
By monstermash
Im tempeted to watch it on 4 but its not grabbing me yet. Maybe closer to halloween it will make good watching to help the spirit.
By paddy_babe
I'm sure I've seen an episode on a different channel... was that a tester for it coming to channel 4? and is it a new series because if its series 3 or something I dont think I'd bother.
By MooBoo
I'm going to watch it, just to see what everyone has been talking about :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
The show is based on a series of books, and each series/season basically encompasses the plot line of one book. So it's the sort of show that may be tough to follow if you just watch a random episode in the middle. You may need to watch them in sequence to follow the overall story.

And indeed, it's not for kiddies. It's no Twilight, no Buffy. But once you get hooked on the stories and get to know the characters, you barely blink when there's occasional burst of blood, language, or sex. The show has plenty of other elements too. Politics, social issues, dark comedy, murder mysteries, vampire history...
Last edited by Zombie Pumpkins! on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monstermash
"Its no Twilight" Thank goodness for that!! Sorry if your a twilight fan but im getting tired of hearing about on tv/radio/internet (This forum is the only exception)
I like dark comedy so it will probably be up my street. And i'm sure everyone loves vampires.
By nosferatu
From the trailers I've seen it looks very promising. Very promising indeed.
By Raven
It definitely is not Twilight. For those who have not read the books they are worth reading, even if you are watching the series. Of course you will know whats going to happen in the series if you read the books, but there are enough differences that you can still be surprised.
By paddy_babe
nosferatu wrote:At last we get to see what all the fuss is about. Starts on Channel 4 on Wednesday 7th October at 10pm
just made my reminder on sky.... with True Blood on Wednsdays, new Lie To Me on thursdays and the new series of House my planner is in need of a clear out :D

(gotta love series link!)
By matspud
The first series has just finished I think) on FX.(Still can't make my mind up about it. :?
Definitely X rated and not one for the kiddies. Think I prefer the books.
By GUS
monstermash wrote:"Its no Twilight" Thank goodness for that!! Sorry if your a twilight fan but im getting tired of hearing about on tv/radio/internet (This forum is the only exception)
I like dark comedy so it will probably be up my street. And i'm sure everyone loves vampires.
Seconded if women (& some fellas) are going to be sickeningly gushy over twilight could they metaphorically swoon in private! :lol:

Seriously you are driving me to large qty's of alcohol with all the fluffy simpering :oops:
By nosferatu
Started off really well, I loved the first ten minutes and I thought it was going to be sinister and macabre all the way through. Then it tailed off a bit. I taped the second half as I was trying to watch "When Boris Met Dave" too.

Will watch the second half later but all in all, I think I'm going to stick with it as the charchters are strong
By GUS
I watched this, it was ok, (hope it improves) ..BUT
It was stated as running from 10pm to 11.20pm

Now here in the uk I am often VERY grateful that a 30 min programme doesn't have to be strretched out to an hour due to a phalanx of advertising..

This happened to me last night, every 10 minutes or thereabouts it did a USA / Can thing ..& frankly meant that the storyline was very hit & miss in terms of keeping your attention from wandering..

if this is the way it's going to go in the uk I'll simply block out channels that opt for this route, or invariably watch it on a sleep timer in bed & maybe miss it due to the above attention holding reasons..

Ok we may have digital recording in all the rooms but that invariably lead to a backlog of tv, that's not how I wish to live my life! (just counted we have 4 x digital recorders all chocka full of stuff that I've meant to watch but subsequently learnt to not bother with) ((7 if I count recordable DAB radios))

NB uk, consider getting rid of your sky+ (expensive & consumes ALOT of electricity which is nearly the same on standby) ..we got rid of ours as part of a money saving & electricity comsumption drive, went to a Humax freesat PVR system which has paid for itself in a matter of months compared to the low quality signal & service we got through SKY+ ..that actually reduceed the signal quality coming through our expensive plasma!
By paddy_babe
ohhh I watched it aswell, and it looks good :D will watch the the next one (wednsday :) )

:?: does anyone know who plays 'Bill' ? I reconize him from a couple of movies I think he played a 'geek' type.... really bugging me now lol