Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By Nikki
Is anyone going to be watching the Ghost Hunters special on Halloween? It goes until 3AM... They're running it Live.. hehe

Anyone in to that show?
By badgers
One of my favorites!!!! Don't think I'll be up till 3 AM but will surely be watching it on Halloween night :D
By Raven
Ahhh, I love Ghost Hunters. I believe everything they do and everything they capture. One show I don't care for is Most Haunted. They do visit some nice locations but everything they do is for sheer entertainment. Most of the time I find it stupid.

I will be watching Ghost Hunters this Halloween. I might miss the live show however since I always carve a pumpkin for my niece and nephews and bring it to their house. I will probably have the day after off from work so I will be able to watch for awhile. I doubt I can make it till 3 a.m. however!
By S.A.M
I too really like watching Ghost Hunters, sadly I don't think the live shows will be screened over here but we do get 5 nights of Most Haunted LIVE at Halloween..WOW I can't wait..not! I'd rather gauge my own eyes out with a rusty teaspoon than watch that pile of tripe.
By Nikki
I agree.. Most Haunted is quite dissapointing.. At least Ghost Hunters capture some interesting things Haha

One of my fav episodes was probably recently where they captured an apparition on their thermal cam in the downstairs (ex-morgue) of a Hotel.. that tripped me out

It is the only show I will watch with the lights on :roll:
By arcane_reaper
isn't that show on scifi, cause if it is that means its science "fiction".
By badgers
arcane_reaper Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

isn't that show on scifi, cause if it is that means its science "fiction".
Yes it's on the "SciFi" channel. However on Most of their investigations they have "disproved" or found the causes of the "hauntings or ghosts". Sometimes reflections of lights off of windows or other panes of glass. Sometimes high EMF emissions from bad wiring, loose floorboards, bad pipes, the list goes on.
They have also capured images which cannot be explained, and most of their team members have had personal experiences and encounters with the unexplained.
Last years show at the Hotel based on "The Shining" the glass on Jason's night stand breaking, and the closet door opening and closing itself. I could go on with others (the chair in the lighthouse episode moving by itself) but I think I'd probably bore you and take up way too much space here....so I'll let the other Ghost Hunter fans comment as well (at least I hope they will :) )
By The Captain
arcane_reaper wrote:isn't that show on scifi, cause if it is that means its science "fiction".
They do not play music on MTV? Are all the shows on ABC about the letters of the alphabet.

Have you ever watched the show? Because if you had you would know that the go to locations to debunk and disprove the hauntings, and most of the time they do disprove it. But on the rare occasion that they can find no explanation for something or they catch someting on video, that when it is cool to see. I DVR'ed the Halloween special and havent watched it yet. TAPS is prob my fav show on TV right now.
By arcane_reaper
ok i just watched an episode with my friend and you guys are right, sorry... ill think about what i say before i say it next time.
By DarkAngel
That's not the same "Most Haunted" we have in the UK is it, with Yvette Fielding? Or do they use differant presenters in the US, or is it an entirely differant show with the same name?

The one we have in the UK, you have presenter Yvette Fielding, who spends the entire show screaming because she's afraid of her own shadow, plus some psychic medium who all to often is found out to be bullshitting, as was the case with their last so called psychic Derek Acorah (do a google for "Derek Acorah kreed kaffer").

They film the whole thing at night and in the dark for atmosphere (as if the ghosts were any more likely to appear in those conditions) plus you have the worlds clumsiest cameramen who, not helped by the pitch black filming conditions, bang into everything, which is then followed by more of Yvette's screaming and then themn trying to pass it off as a paranormal occurence.

They also don't seem to realise that small insects and dust partcles showing up on the night shot lens are NOT paranormal orbs.

Don't think we have Ghost Hunters here in the UK, but I'll keep an eye out.
By S.A.M
DarkAngel wrote:That's not the same "Most Haunted" we have in the UK is it, with Yvette Fielding? Or do they use differant presenters in the US, or is it an entirely differant show with the same name?

Don't think we have Ghost Hunters here in the UK, but I'll keep an eye out.
As far as I know our Most Haunted is shown on the Travel Channel in the US and a while ago they did an exclusive live show over there for the channel too, which didn't get broadcast over here.

Ghost Hunters was picked up by Sky over here in the UK and shown on Sky One & Sky Three a few years ago. But because they kept moving it around the schedule a regular viewer base wasn't established which led to the show being dropped.
Sky TVs fault really for not giving it a chance and moving it about so no one knew when it was on, idiots.
The only way to watch it over here now is using the good ol' internet, I've not seen it on TV since.
By S.A.M
:lol: :lol: I love Most Farted it's puerile but so so funny, "They are in the atmosphere, the others will follow through" and the echo effects on the farts in the cellar part are too funny "*fart* How dare you!"
By The Captain
Oh my God that had me crying from laughing!!! :D
Yes we have exactly the same crappy Most Haunted here in the US as you have in the UK. It is so phoney! The first 3 seasons of Ghost Hunters are on DVD, although I do not know if the are available in all reigon formats? But I'm sure you can find all the episodes on YouTube.