Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
CARVERS (ORIGINAL SPECIAL)

Premieres Tuesday, March 4 at 10 PM – The special Carvers follows Ray Villafane and Andy Bergholtz, two uniquely talented and quirky craftsmen, who wield knives as their artistic utensil of choice. These best friends, along with their staff of eccentric carvers, create masterpieces out of wood, ice, pumpkins, chocolate, sand, meat and anything else their clients desire. From high-end corporate events to state fairs, this crew works feverishly to design and sculpt jaw-dropping works of larger-than-life art.

:arrow: Sideshow sculptor Andy Bergholtz and Ray Villafane star in new Syfy original, Carvers

Part of Syfy Firsts Series, each Tuesday in March, which also includes specials (and potential series): My Big Fat Geek Wedding (March 11), Foxy & Co. (March 18)

I was tweeting during the show. Here were a few of my comments:

It’s possible to preserve pumpkins by pickling in vinegar? Hmm, this could be a boon to the business.

“What do you do for a living? Carve pumpkins?” I can relate… It IS hard to explain. Easier to show.

With pending deadlines and volatile pumpkin flesh, you often have to be resourceful and creative. Story of my life.

Thanks @CarversTVShow and @Syfy for getting us pumped about carving. But it’s a tease. I want to carve but pumpkins aren't in season yet!

The episode started with a cool chocolate carving, but the rest of the show was about a massive pumpkin carving project for a theme park in Hong Kong. They sculpted 70 pumpkins and created a massive centerpiece sculpture from a pumpkin weighing over 1000 lb. This was all filmed near Halloween, so it got me feeling inspired to create! How often do we get to see a special about pumpkin art in early March?

This was a test pilot I believe, and SyFy wants to know if you want to see new episodes. Apparently you can vote to see more installments by giving the show a "Thumbs Up" on this page.

If you live in the US and subscribe to a participating cable provider, you can watch the episode online here.
I really enjoyed watching this show. I hope they bring it back for at least one season. I have to be honest I wanted to see them carve meat like they said in the intro. I never seen that done. It sounds weird and intriguing at the same time.
By Raven
The whole pickling thing really had me intrigued. I'm wondering who is going to be the first to try it now. :wink:

I felt bad when their giant pumpkin was liquefying and would have loved to see the Cthulhu inspired carve. Everything they did was awesome though. I would have loved to have been there in person to see the display.

I voted and hope we get more episodes!