Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
The Simpsons annual Halloween special this airing well in advance of Halloween this year. So set your DVRs!

You can watch the opening sequence now. And it's directed by Guillermo Del Toro!

Just look at all the horror references crammed into this 3 minute clip (including pretty much all of Del Toro's movies).

I was going to post this after I saw the preview for it. We PROMISED my mother in law we will be at her house for dinner that night. No DVR here and she doesn't get FOX at her house. I might have to do something like break my own leg just so I will be home that night...
i didnt watch that clip so if it said this im sorry but i heard the other day that someone is going to die... that show is older than i am and for the first time ever they are killing someone off!
Oh yeah, I also heard that a regular character will be killed off from The Simpsons in the upcoming season. I wouldn't think it would be during Halloween special though. That episode is just a bunch of fantasy stories, where many of the characters die in horrific fashion anyway. Also, it wouldn't be the first major death on the show. Some other notable characters killed off in the past include.... Maude Flanders, Fat Tony, Marvin Monroe, and Bleeding Gums Murphy.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Oh yeah, I also heard that a regular character will be killed off from The Simpsons in the upcoming season. I wouldn't think it would be during Halloween special though. That episode is just a bunch of fantasy stories, where many of the characters die in horrific fashion anyway. Also, it wouldn't be the first major death on the show. Some other notable characters killed off in the past include.... Maude Flanders, Fat Tony, Marvin Monroe, and Bleeding Gums Murphy.
Bookies put their money on Edna Krabappel, I've heard.

I shared this intro on my fb yesterday as well. It is amazingly good. I especially love the many references to "El laberinto del fauno". One of my favorite movies ever.
Great link to that breakdown on Empire, zombombie. I'm proud to say that I spotted many of those references. And for the ones I missed, I recognize a good portion of those that Empire pointed out. Still, I'm sure there are even more subtle nods we missed. That opening animation is just PACKED with horror and fantasy and sci-fi goodness.