Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
By monstermash
Started last night on channel five. Based on Stephen Kings book which I haven't read. It wasn't too bad, I think i'll watch a couple more to get a better feel for it. Not keen on channel five though, one too many add breaks. Any other brits watch it?
Has it already been on in the US? If so, did anyone watch it?
By nosferatu
The thing that bothered me most was that I couldn't get The Simpsons Movie out of my head. Maybe as it develops this will lessen to some extent.

I have a similar thing with The Walking Dead when I see Andrew Lincoln I think of Egg in This Life and expect him to pull out a poster of Eric Cantona or Cantona kick one of the zombies in the head. Now David Morrisey has joined the cast and I think of One Summer made almost thirty years ago! A Scouser and a Mancunian in the lead roles though and I think DM is superb as The Governor. As for Under The Dome, I hope it fares better than other King tv adaptations which have never quite lived up to the billing or to the excitement, suspense and horror compared to his actual novels.
By NikkiRae
Actually, I'm pretty sure the first season of this show just ended over here. I haven't seen it, but it's supposed to be really good. Already renewed for a second season next summer. I chose not to watch it this year because I hadn't read the book yet. Hopefully it will be on Netflix though so I can watch it after I'm done.
By MooBoo
I watched it and enjoyed it, i can't say that i was immediately hooked but it seems interesting. Will definately be watching a few more to see how it pans out. :D
By Raven
I think I made it 5 or 6 episodes before I was completely bored with it. I simply could not get into it and couldn't care less about any of the characters. That may be because I read the book, and although I loved the book the ending was horrible.
By monstermash
I'll watch the next episode tonight. I suppose having not read the book can sometimes be a blessing as in my experience a book is usually much better than it's film/tv adaptation. I know i'm only one episode in but I think I already know what you mean RD, about not caring for the characters. I wasn't instantly drawn to any of them. Maybe the old policeman but he's already dead!

I'd much rather be watching The Great British Bake Off! So glad thats back on. :D
By nosferatu
Are you suggesting a Paul Hollywood pattern? Could use it for frosting a cake. Mary Berry would be impressed although his soon to be ex wife might bury an axe in it. I love GBBO and I can't bake to save my life although I watched his bread series and managed a few half decent loaves.

I actually re watched the first episode again. The first time I was on a tread mill and was too preoccupied with pace, heart rate and distance so missed quite a few things. The old policeman was the pilot in Lost so I was gutted when his pacemaker exploded. I like the young psychopath and the suave criminal. I actually think that this will develop quite quickly into something good. It has good production values, good actors and the plot is moving quite fast paced. The characters were always going to look a little thin on the first episode given it was introducing so many leads in the first episode so they can only get better.

Anyway, Sue Perkins is on and Paul Hollywood is wearing his look of abject disdain, let's bake.
By monstermash
Still not overly impressed with this. Maybe third time lucky but I was drifting off at points. Mostly thinking about cake!
Yeah Nos i'd carve a Paul Hollywood kin. I was unsure about him in the first series but now I couldn't imagine anyone else. I think Sue, Mel, Mary and Paul work nicely together, a good balance of wit charm and (not always) constructive criticism. I always look forward to watching it and the hour seems to fly past. Ive never made bread but I do know my way around a Vicky sponge let me tell you!
By monstermash
I packed it in after the second episode I think, it was so boring. After an incredibly uncomfortable Never Mind the Buzzcocks last week I switched over to see what was happening on the penultimate episode of Under the Dome. There was a weird egg and I think the dome was still there and that's all I gleaned from the thirty seconds I could stand. I've got Ripper Street to look forward to on a Monday now and hopefully Call the Midwife Soon. Jeez! Three BBC programme name drops in this post, you'd think I worked for them.
By nosferatu
Don't forget Masterchef! I loved the first series of Ripper Street. The new one seems a little rushed but still enjoyable. Really great cast. Thought the elephant man episode was clever but tenuous.