Binging bloody broadcasts, shocking shows and supernatural series.
When I first heard that the legend of Sleepy Hollow was being turned into a TV series, I immediately imagined something in the style of Tim Burton's film. A period thriller where Ichabod Crane and company can investigate haunted happenings.

So I was a bit surprised to see that it takes the 250-year-old Ichabod and magically transports him to present day. I guess that's one way to save on the budget. No need for countless period costumes and horse drawn carriages. Although there appears to be plenty of flashback scenes and horse riding.

A couple moments of the trailer reminded me of the recent Dark Shadows (the time-displaced character who is shocked to see things like cars and Starbucks) and there are shades of National Treasure ("the answers are in George Washington's bible").

Can this concept work? I'm game to give it a go. Anything with witch covens and headless horsemen seems to be worth a chance. Sleepy Hollow premieres this fall on Fox, Mondays at 9PM. Here's the trailer.

Sounds okay by me. Though the Horseman using machine guns is a little too much. I think I will see how this turns out.
By Kayo
my love for the legend of sleepy hollow is no secret but i dont know how i feel about this. i do know i like some of the writing so far vary good one liners in just the trailer. i think we all will have to wait and see
By Raven
I think it looks like its worth a try. What's exciting to me is that it seems a lot of the networks are coming out with shows on the supernatural side of things. That's far better than another dancing/singing reality show.
By nosferatu
I like the look of it. Hopefully all of the action from the series isn't contained in that one trailer. It has a good pedigree and looks like they've invested in the production values.

Looks good.
By Doh
My protest is silly...The Horseman is a Hessian...Hessian's did not wear red.

I suppose they can take liberty and give him an English uniform but why?
By nosferatu
Doh wrote:My protest is silly...The Horseman is a Hessian...Hessian's did not wear red.

Because if Hollywood, TV and films have taught us anything it is that the villain is always British!
Well if memory serves me right the British brought the Hessian Soldiers over to fight against the Americans. So maybe they gave him one of their uniforms, or he just decided to take one(which could mean he killed a British officer).
By Kayo
Doh wrote:My protest is silly...The Horseman is a Hessian...Hessian's did not wear red.

actually he is a celtic faery called a Dullahan originally but i dont think that is the point :wink: :lol:
By sloaner
nosferatu wrote:

Because if Hollywood, TV and films have taught us anything it is that the villain is always British!
At least they know who you are. I don't think Hollywood knows of Canada's existence. But who can blame them it hard to find Canada all tucked away down there :roll:
By chuckwagon

This actually sparked my interest because I have a very slight interest in war history, but I confess that I'm not much of an authority on Revolutionary times. I did a slight amount of reading, and found ONE very small bit that actually mentioned something about this...

Basically, the Hessians were hired mercenaries that the British Crown brought in from Germany. This much we know, but the question is why would a Hessian soldier be in a red British jacket when, historically speaking, his jacket would have been green or blue... Now, typical Hessian regiments or ground soldiers would wear the blue coats, but mounted Hessian soldiers (cavalry) would have worn green coats and ridden an all black horse... The horse part of any Sleepy Hollow tale seems to be accurate, but then again a black horse is always a good call for a mounted baddie, right? ANYWAY- as for the red coat, here is what I found: In very few instances, as a gesture of good will and solidarity with their "employer" it would have been acceptable for a Hessian officer to wear a red coat to signify there alliance with the British Crown, only because the American Colonies had standing offers to give plots of land to any Hessian soldier if they would defect, and help aid the Americans cause for revolution. So, maybe that's the story, but I don't think I'd expect them to give that much of a detailed answer in the show, and I'm really just shooting in the dark with what little info I found. My guess is that The Headless Horseman will lose all of his Hessian identity, and evolve into a British Dragoon Guard