Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By pagemaster1993
I know it is a way too early to be talking about Christmas movies, but I know a lot of us here love the original A Christmas Story so I am sure you will be okay with it. Last night while scrolling through my Facebook I noticed a video about a Christmas Story 2. Here is a link to it's I.M.D.B.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2281069/

Now I cannot seem to find a trailer for it, but it is out there some where.

In my opinion I do not think it is going to be very good. For a few reasons: One: The characters are not going to be played by original actors (because most of them are too old for the part), so it is not going to have the same feel as the original, Two: From what I saw so far of it it seems to just be a replay of the original (same gags, and same story plot), and Finally: It may have been too late for a sequel to an already very successful movie (but that is just my opinion).
By vibhandaka
Wow, I don't think this will go over very well. What's the use in making a sequel to a movie 20 years later?
By wookie66
The trailer is out for this movie now and it looks horrible. Of course it went straight to dvd. I figure if you are going to make this sequel then use a different family, not an older version of the original with different actors. Plus the mom and dad look younger in this one.
By ghostface
wookie66 wrote:The trailer is out for this movie now and it looks horrible. Of course it went straight to dvd. I figure if you are going to make this sequel then use a different family, not an older version of the original with different actors. Plus the mom and dad look younger in this one.
Yup I agree looks absolutely terrible.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Just watched the trailer. Oh boy. Seems almost like one of those movies that is like a spoof remake (like, say... Starsky and Hutch, Land of the Lost, etc). Where they take the characters from the original property and shove comedic actors in there to repeat the classic lines.

This doesn't look very funny to me through. The original A Christmas Story had some very silly situations, but it was all wrapped in this vibe of heartwarming nostalgia. This cash grab sequel seems like it's just repeating all the same plot points (embarrassing costume gift and leg lamp are back of course). I guess that's why it feels like a cheap remake. Same basic story all over again. Just with more goofy slapstick to appeal to little kids, who are too young to remember the original anyway.
By SuperSonic
Nightwatchman wrote:This makes me want to shoot my eyes out.

As do most remakes.... I hated RZ's remakes of Halloween 1+2

1 however, not nearly as bad as the 2nd. I didnt even get through an hour of RZ's Halloween 2