Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By sloaner
This week, Universal has revealed their plans to release an impressive, 8-film Blu-ray collection highlighting Universal's famed movie monsters! The set, titled Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection, will arrive on Blu-ray October 2, 2012.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/28/u ... on-blu-ray

Will include: Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, Bride of Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Phantom of the Opera and Creature from the Black Lagoon
By ghostface
FINALLY!! I've been waiting for all of these to come out on blu-ray!
By pagemaster1993
I just got Dracula, Frankenstein, The Bride of Frankenstein, and Creature from the Black Lagoon for my birthday. They were all in on case and were part of Universal's 100th Anniversary series.
By sloaner
Even though I have never watched these movies I still have always wanted to make a set of foam pumpkins with the universal monsters. They are just so iconic and would never go out of style.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:I agree Sloaner. The Universal Monsters are pretty much the only foam-kins I've carved for my own personal display. As you say, the classics will never go out of style.

I think some may say that there are a few characters missing from that display. Bride of Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, and The Mummy(which still needs to be released).
By sloaner
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:

Looks nice Ryan. Maybe I will try and carve 1 per year and in a few years I will have them all. Gotta carve them all gotta carve them all, pokem.......Pumpkins!
Now that is a box set. Probably the best one I have ever seen. Now I am wondering if it will be released like that on regular D.V.D.
zombombie wrote:How's this for a box?! So glad this is coming to the UK :)
That's awesome. Apparently a "Limited Edition" packaging, and I can only find it on UK sites. Do you know if it's exclusive to the UK?

For sale at Amazon.co.uk and Play.com, among others.

The more standard box looks like this photo below, which is also pretty darn nice. Nice book format. Seems they did a really nice job putting this collection together. To be released at the start of October. Perfect timing.

It looks like that's only available in the UK right now... weird! Sadly it doesn't seem to come with the booklet that the ordinary box comes with. I imagine it'll be annoying to fit on a shelf too... Nevermind - how often do you get blu-rays in a coffin?!
I hear ya, zombombie. Part of me prefers the standard box because it will fit more neatly on my shelf. But of course, if you're gonna have a custom box for monster movies, you can't do much better than the classic toe-pincher coffin shape! So I'm simultaneously content with the standard version and also jealous of your UK folk!