Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Just started seeing some trailers for this on tv. Anyone heard anything about it?
Billed as "an old-fashioned, beautifully staged and deeply unsettling spooky yarn."
"In the London of 1921, World War One and the flu epidemic have left the bereaved vulnerable to cruel con artists who pretend to be in contact with the 'afterlife'. Florence Cathcart (Rebecca Hall) has made it her mission to expose the fraudsters.When she's called to investigate the sighting of a ghost at a remote boarding school, Florence witnesses something that challenges all her assumptions. 'The Awakening' is a spine-tingling ghost story that relies on atmosphere rather than effects and cheap shocks for its creeping sense of supernatural menace."

Might be a good one. I hope to check it out. UK release is supposed to be the 11th of this month.
By nosferatu
I've seen it advertised. It has a good cast and strong production values, so I have high hopes too.
By monstermash
You usually can't go wrong with Imelda Staunton. I just hope that my local cinema shows it. They have a tendency to skip alot of smaller, less advertised horror films. It can be a real pain.
By monstermash
Saw this tonight. I enjoyed it. In a way it was almost like part ghost story part murder mystery. I wont say much about the story itself, it would be hard to explain things without giving too much away. My one criticism is that the film could have been simpler. It wasn't hard to follow or anything but less is always more. I did jump a couple of times but I wasn't scared to death, like some of the films characters might have been...!
The whole feel of the film was brilliant. The cast, setting, effects were all spot on. If you liked The Orphanage, Devil's Backbone, The Innocents, The Others even The Sixth Sense then I would recommend this. 4 out of 5 from me. The opening scene was great!
I think i'll just manage to sleep with the lights off tonight.