Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By GUS
No-one has mentioned re-runs of the Munsters or Addams family B&W shows!

sinful! ...gotta love the munsters (& the family is GROWING) :lol:
By OldTrustyLegs
Hocus Pocus is my favorite Halloween movie to this day. I love Casper, NMBC, and Sleepy Hollow (both the Burton flick and the animated version). And I haven't seen The Halloween That Almost Wasn't listed in here yet. It's an absolute cheese fest and I frickin' love it. Oh and The Worst Witch! Tim Curry's song is magical.

EDIT: And I almost forgot Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. It's definitely not from my childhood, but if I ever have kids, I will make it part of theirs.
By GUS
off topic...

OTL any pics of the dorms? getting halloweeny yet!?
By vibhandaka
OldTrustyLegs wrote: Oh and The Worst Witch! Tim Curry's song is magical.
One of my favorite movies ever! The "dazzling special effects" are not to be missed! and like OTL said Tim Curry's song is magical!! It's a must see!
By matt_mos242@hotmail.com
I have the DVD of Garfield's Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas specials. All of them are great but I particularly love the Halloween one. It's actually quite different than any Garfield anything.

Nightmare b/f Xmas

Monster House

Sleep Hallow (cartoon version)

Legend - this is not a halloween movie but my sister and I used to watch it every year for Halloween. I have no idea why but I do still watch it every year.
By paddy_babe
Kayo wrote:when i was little i pretty much watched halloween movies none stop in october (and september and november :D ) and probably still would were it not for silly things like work. nightmare before Christmas, Casper, alvin and the chipmunks meet the wolfman, scooby-doo and the witches ghost, Adams family ('values was always a thanksgiving movie), halloweentown (say what you will the first two were really good), beetle juice, edward scissorhands... the list could probably go on but its not coming to me at the moment. obviously i watched to many movies as a child but it was the only way i would sit still and we didnt have cable
I can relate, I was addicted to 'spooky' movies, the weird and wonderful! I remember watching Adam's Family Values and when it hinted at sex (Debbie trying to 'black widow' Uncle Fester) getting all embarrassed and taking a very keen interest in my thumb nails lol!! :lol: Irish granny wouldn't let me even look at kissing at one stage! :P

The Scooby-doo movies with the girl out of buffy (can't remember her name, but I mean the live action ones) are good, Spooky Island I think, it has Rowan Akins (gah spelling) in it!
By OldTrustyLegs
GUS wrote:off topic...

OTL any pics of the dorms? getting halloweeny yet!?
Nothing spectacular. I have some random stuff on any flat surfaces I could find. And I carved the Vincent Price and Headless Horseman patterns.
By Kayo
paddy_babe wrote:
Kayo wrote:when i was little i pretty much watched halloween movies none stop in october (and september and november :D ) and probably still would were it not for silly things like work. nightmare before Christmas, Casper, alvin and the chipmunks meet the wolfman, scooby-doo and the witches ghost, Adams family ('values was always a thanksgiving movie), halloweentown (say what you will the first two were really good), beetle juice, edward scissorhands... the list could probably go on but its not coming to me at the moment. obviously i watched to many movies as a child but it was the only way i would sit still and we didnt have cable
I can relate, I was addicted to 'spooky' movies, the weird and wonderful! I remember watching Adam's Family Values and when it hinted at sex (Debbie trying to 'black widow' Uncle Fester) getting all embarrassed and taking a very keen interest in my thumb nails lol!! :lol: Irish granny wouldn't let me even look at kissing at one stage! :P

The Scooby-doo movies with the girl out of buffy (can't remember her name, but I mean the live action ones) are good, Spooky Island I think, it has Rowan Akins (gah spelling) in it!
sarah michelle geller (buffy her self) was daphne in both of them
By nosferatu
I used to love Carry on Screaming when I was a child.

It felt really scary when I was young. It was more funny I suppose and the monster Oddbod isn't even that sinister. Full of corny lines but probably the best Carry On film, I still watch it now.

Dr Wattt: Oddbodd, what happened to your ear?
[Oddbodd makes a gesture that his ear has dropped off]
Dr. Watt: Oh, never mind. Ear today, gone tomorrow!

By wookie66
My vote is for The Worst Witch, one of my favorites when i was a kid. I remember it came on HBO all the time.
By amandap80
The Witches with Angelica Houston is a great movie based on a Roald Dahl book.
By keifferone
amandap80 wrote:The Witches with Angelica Houston is a great movie based on a Roald Dahl book.
Thats a good flick. I forgot about that one.
I recently bought and watched "The Witches" based purely on a recommendation and reviews from Amazon. I am a fan of Angelica Houston so I figured I would take a chance. I was not disappointed!! Angelica Houston does an awesome job and her character is truly evil! I can't believe I had never heard of nor seen this movie before!!! My 6 year old cousin loved it!
Nightmare Before Christmas is a must... Then i'd also recommend: Disney's Sleepy Hollow, Casper, It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Ernest Scared Stupid, re-runs of the old Nickelodeon show "Are you Afraid of the Dark" (one of my all time favs as a teen), and maybe throw in The Goonies. I also stand by a movie I brought up a while back in another thread called Return to Oz...It stars a young Faruza Balk, and is basically a darker story of Dorothy returning to the land of Oz and encountering some new friends and foes, but totally safe and intended for preteens.