Classics or modern, discuss your picks for the sickest flicks.
By monstermash
Has anybody seen this yet? Directed by Troy Nixey and written/produced by Guillermo Del Toro.
"A young girl sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend discovers creatures in her new home who want to claim her as one of their own."

The trailers look quite good but if its just a US version of The Orphanage with creatures instead of ghost kids then I might not bother watching it. I thoroughly enjoyed The Orphanage from Del Toro, fantastic haunted house flick so I don't fancy a slightly different English language version.
I'd really like to know if anyone would recommend it and urge anyone who hasn't seen Orphanage to give it a look. :)
By ghostface
I haven't seen it yet but it looks pretty good!
By CombichristGirl
i love orphanage and want to see this one bad to but have not yet
By Doh
The made for TV movie when I was about 8 years old scared the wizz out of me!
By purple1worm
I saw it last night! Not bad. The little creatures gave me the willies! they look like miniature wererats !
By monstermash
Saw this yesterday. Hmmm....
I can't say I was very impressed. It was well shot and the creatures looked great but the story was pretty useless. I don't mean the idea behind the creatures, I mean the stupid plot holes like leaving the kid alone all the bloody time. It was really frustrating to watch. It was as if they were repalying the same scene again and again but just filming it in different rooms or at different angles. It could have been amazing with Del Toro at the helm but sadly it fell way short.
It's nothing like the Orphanage if anyones curious.
A disappointing 2/5 for me.
By staticfurball
monstermash wrote:Saw this yesterday. Hmmm....
I can't say I was very impressed. It was well shot and the creatures looked great but the story was pretty useless. I don't mean the idea behind the creatures, I mean the stupid plot holes like leaving the kid alone all the bloody time. It was really frustrating to watch. It was as if they were repalying the same scene again and again but just filming it in different rooms or at different angles. It could have been amazing with Del Toro at the helm but sadly it fell way short.
It's nothing like the Orphanage if anyones curious.
A disappointing 2/5 for me.
I have to say I was thinking the same thing. If the little rats want her DON"T leave her alon....better yet take her to a motel!!

I was a little confused by the end as well. Is Katie holmes character evil now too? Dont they kill the adults they drag into the hole
? If she is alive where is the dude with no teeth they dragged in last time???? more and more questions.
Also they look a little like the tooth fairies from Hell Boy.
By monstermash
Im so glad you thought the same. Yes, they took Katie Holmes because they didn't get the girl. Sort of like a plan b. Once the child or adult is taken into the whole they turn into one of the rat things. At least I think thats what happens. I suppose the toothless guy was one of the rats.
They could have filmed it so about 20 mins in the girl was taken into the hole. Then Guy and Katie could have ventured deep down into the rats lair in search for the kid. I think it would have worked better as a fantasy, more along the folklore root of goblins and faries, creepy ones.

When she went to the library (and left the girl alone again!!) and the librarian talked about creatures leaving coins for teeth, I thought ahhh, now there is a route they could take. It hadn't occured to me that perhaps the rats could have been a really horrible version of a tooth fairy. I mean why do they like teeth so much? Where did they come from? Where do they live? etc etc.
Oh and Guy Pierce didn't seem that bothered that his fiance had just been murdered by an unknown force. Remember, he never saw the creatures.
I think they spent far too much time on the whole "girl feels unwanted, dad is too busy" crap. They really missed a great opportunity if you ask me.
By breakfast
im interested in this movie,sounds great!
By vibhandaka
I thought it was pretty good. Those little creatures scared the crap outta me, I actually screamed at one point.

I was annoyed at the parenting though, even after Katie Holmes did her research they STILL made the little girl sleep alone... that's just mean!!!!
By staticfurball
I agree vibhandaka
It's kinda like the whole "GET OUT " scenario.. dude if it looks bad it probably is and if it has sharp little teeth - get out!!
By Ajax
I saw this awhile ago It's no comparison to the orphanage. I didn't care for it and I'm not sure why it was rated r. It was something that may freak out children but was to Disney for me. Worth seeing but I wouldn't rate it more then 2.5 stars out of 5.